bridging to trophy.

For users or potential users.
fyc2001

bridging to trophy.

Post by fyc2001 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:31 am

Hi. I need help with bridging to trophy (KodaK Pano machine). Here is the problem:
I have six computers in the office, three with TW.exe installed on C: drive, three on D: drive.
On the bridging screen in open dental, I can only set the TW.exe to either C: or D:
It worked for three computers when I set them to C:\TW\TW.exe (everything worked), but not the other three.
I created a batch file on C:\pano_shortcut.bat which points to where TW.exe is located.
and point the bridging to that file.
It did open the trophy software but it also give me an error message" Paitent directory not specified".

What's the proper way to solve this??

TIA

jsalmon

Re: bridging to trophy.

Post by jsalmon » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 am

Use the local path override for the computers with whatever drive letter you do not want to be the standard installation drive. That way, the standard install / launch path for TW can be your C: and then just go to each computer that has it installed to the D: drive and put that path in the local path override box.
The screenshot of the local path override is on our program link page which is just after the long list of software's that we bridge to.
http://opendental.com/manual/programlinks.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Guin

Post by Guin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi, I'm also having trouble bridging to Trophy. I set up a Trophy database on my server and have created the bridge. When I create a new patient chart, it is not giving a file/folder designation automatically for Trophy images to be saved to. When I click the tab to open the Trophy (Carestream) software it gives the error that no patient file exists in the database for this patient. Any solution?

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Are you creating the new patient record by using the bridge through Open Dental? Your bridge settings may need to be examined. Give Open Dental support a call and we can troubleshoot with you- (503)363-5432.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Guin

Post by Guin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:15 pm

I think I have it sorted out, I reindexed the Carestream database and seems to have fixed the problem. I'm not sure how though!

epicurean

Post by epicurean » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi,
Could you explain what you mean by "reindex" carestream database?

much thanks