iPad App

For users or potential users.
dpat08

iPad App

Post by dpat08 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:32 am

First time post. I've been thinking about an iPad app for open dental for a few months now. I have a lot of CS/EE/CE tech friends at the school that I went to. I would design the GUI, they would code. My question is this. Since my coding skills/knowledge of MySQL are essentially nil, how hard would it be to make an iPad app to "Bridge" to Open Dental's mySQL database? I'm not thinking of replacing OD at a main computer. I'd just like to be able to hand a streamlined interface (via iPad app) to an assistant to lessen the learning curve. I'm assuming that it isn't necessarily easy, otherwise someone else would have done this. I'm wondering if it would even be feasible. I'm not sure how the interoperability of an iPad and OD's database would work.

Manny Ramirez

Re: iPad App

Post by Manny Ramirez » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Why reinvent the wheel ? Just use a Windows Tablet and install OD :)
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC

mopensoft

Post by mopensoft » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:22 pm

I don't think OD design is ideal for small tablet with touch screen. A simple version of OD for tablet would be nice to have.

PedroBecker

Post by PedroBecker » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:57 pm

If your looking to view your "Open Dental" practice data on an iPhone or an iPad, then you may want to look at DDS Dashboard

DDS Dashboard is a true app downloadable in the iTunes or Android store.

Phone number: 877-DDS-APPS

iTunes link
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dds-das ... 62429?mt=8

APPLICATION FEATURES
DDS Dashboard is compatible with all of the following devices iphone/ipad/android
Utilize DDS Dashboard from anywhere in the world to view your dental practice Open Dental data.

If there is a feature you would like to see added in a future release, please email us at requests@ddsapps.com

Patient Info
View all of your patient’s pertinent info in one view. You can see all of their contact details, past and current appointments, details into specific procedures, as well as past prescriptions

Schedule
View your open dental schedule for past or future patient appointments, as well as specific details, such as procedure description.

Search
View of all your patients info, recent appointments, name, DOB, prescription history, cell, home and work numbers

Waiting room
View which patients are in the chair, in the waiting room or are late and the amount of time for each of these metrics

Performance (Reports/Charts)
- Production, Adjustments, New Patients (Yesterday, Today, MTD, YTD)
- Total patients by zip code
- Production (WTD, MTD, 6 MTD, YTD)
- Scheduled production (30, 60, 90, ALL)
- New patients (WTD, MTD, 6 MTD, YTD)
- Outstanding Claims (30, 60, 90, ALL)
- Referral Count (30, 60, 90, 180)
- Referral Income (30, 60, 90, 180)

nwdentist

Post by nwdentist » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:53 am

DDS Dashboard seems like a very functional application, but the pricing is way off the board for developing countries.
Anyways, I'd like to see an inventory section on such app, to check for the price of the previously purchased supplies and equipments, or their monthly payment plans (maybe under a description tab or something). This is especially useful when talking to colleagues, or when purchasing supplies in the expos during annual/local meetings etc to compare prices, or even to see if anything is needed to be ordered and so on.

And also a "staff" version which less features, just to communicate with and schedule patients on the go, accessing patient communication logs, while being able to call patients remotely through the app.

Just being able to access, communicate, and schedule out of the office like when you're actually in the office is such a tempting idea. :) It is productive and provides freedom for both the staff and the doctors in many ways.
Sina