Dentist wrong on new appt

For users or potential users.
JLM

Dentist wrong on new appt

Post by JLM » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:53 pm

First day with trial conversion... Didn't know how much I didn't know...

Operatory is set up with dentist=DRJM, Hygienist=HYJJ, isHygiene is clicked.

When I double click to setup a new appointment, the dentist in the edit appointment screen is always HYJJ. Setting the appointment to complete gives credit for the exam to the hygienist. Shouldn't it come up as DRJM so we dont have to keep editing procedure providers all day long, correcting daysheets etc.?

Jim Margarit

tgriswold

Re: Dentist wrong on new appt

Post by tgriswold » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:38 pm

When you mark an Operatory as "Is Hygiene" it considers the hygienist to be the main provider for that op. If you would like the dentist to be the main provider, go into Setup=>Operatories and uncheck that option. Hope that helps.
Travis Griswold
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

mopensoft

Post by mopensoft » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm

I got similar problem with my client. They set up different providers for each Operatory and also set up daily Schedule correctly. However, once an appointment complete, all credit go to a particular provider. The reason was when setting up the practice, they set default billing dentist to default practice provider. What you can try is go to Main menu/Setup/Practice and set Default Insurance Billing Dentist to Treating provider

JLM

Post by JLM » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:56 am

Thanks for all of the replies. Everything mentioned was already set correctly. The solution was to go to Lists->Providers and mark all of the hygienists as secondary providers.

Jim Margarit