Patient check-in

For users or potential users.
cheroxy

Patient check-in

Post by cheroxy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:20 am

Is anyone out there doing anything for checking in patients other than bringing up their specific documents on a terminal? It would be nice to have the patient be able to type their name to bring up a sheet where they can click boxes or type info for health history updates, etc. That way we don't have to bring it up for them each time and they can't see any ones elses info. The worst they could do would be to create a health history for someone else in the database if they got their name typed correctly.

jsalmon

Re: Patient check-in

Post by jsalmon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:34 am

And then they would be able to see that patient's current medical history which I thought was confidential information? That is unless you have a generic form that doesn't pre-load any information about the current patient.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:03 am

Yeah, I was thinking the second. Just a list of questions they check yes or no and if they check yes they can enter text to explain.

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:05 am

My chiropractor office downstairs below me does this and I have people ask all the time. Its funny how people WANT to check in. We've been programmed to sign in or do something. We haven't done that because of the pictures we put in everyone's chart. We periodically give them a health history update paper to fill out (every three years), but this could take care of all that in one fell swoop.

mopensoft

Post by mopensoft » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:39 pm

How about a kiosk with the list of patients having appointments during the day. Patient will be able to select their name to bring up the checking form. In order view their information, they need a code, may be sent via their registered email or mobile. This can be a simple solution to protect them seeing other medical information. I don't think it's too hard to implement :)

Manny Ramirez

Post by Manny Ramirez » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Create nice looking sheets, Create a nice looking web site. Upload sheet to the OD web server. Copy links to your site.
Can be used with IPAD, Windows Tablets and even SmartPhones. Create an email template for new patient in OD and add the link to your forms in your site. That way, if they don't fill forms at home, they would do so in your office. Just make sure you chain down your portable device so it won't disappear :D
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC