deleting providers

For users or potential users.
Imagnasn

deleting providers

Post by Imagnasn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:59 pm

new user here. I did a search on this but couldn't find anything. We recently converted over from Easy Dental and have a number of providers that are no longer with our office. Is there any reason why I should NOT delete them in Open Dental? Just want to keep things clean. Plus it's cathartic to delete certain people from the system. :D

jclaydds

Re: deleting providers

Post by jclaydds » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:57 pm

I believe I am correct in telling you that you can't delete a provider in Open Dental. You can "Hide" them so they don't show up on your list. The disadvantage of hiding them is that when they are hidden, the production and collection numbers can be incorrect. If you hide Hygienist XYZ that worked for you for a certain period of time in 2012 and you decide to run a Production report for 2012 and Hygienist XYZ is "Hidden", the production from Hygienist XYZ won't be reflected in your report. It is easy to "Unhide" the provider, run your report and then "Hide" them again as long as you remember to do so.

You go to List ~ Providers and pick the Provider ---- you will find a check box that says "Hidden" that you can check or uncheck.