Steriliser batch tracking

For users or potential users.
macropod

Steriliser batch tracking

Post by macropod » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:20 am

I am currently working in a facility with manual records with the right to private practice looming. Steriliser batches are recorded on bags by numbered stickers with no barcode to read.

In another life I used PracticeWorks forms to record Steriliser batch details for each patient visit. I was then able to search PracticeWorks for every instance of the use of instruments with a particular batch number.

Am I able to set up such a feature in OD with the ability to do a report on every patient who has a particular batch number or series of batch numbers in his or her records.

JB

bpcomp

Re: Steriliser batch tracking

Post by bpcomp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:13 pm

I have a possible solution but I haven't tried it so I don't know how it would work for you. If you go to (setup/patient field defs) you can add a custom patient field called Sterilizer record number (or whatever you want to call it). Then every time a you use a sterilizer bag, you add it's record number to the list for that patient. Then it should be fairly trivial to write a query to return whatever information you want.