INSURANCE SETUP

For users or potential users.
drjorgel1

INSURANCE SETUP

Post by drjorgel1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 am

CAN I SETUP AN INSURANCE COMPANY WITH A PARTICULAR PROVIDER, SO I DON'T HAVE TO BE CHANGING THE DEFAULT PROVIDER? EX. I AM IN TRANSITION FROM A PERSONAL PROVIDER TO A CORPORATE PROVIDER, BUT NOT ALL INSURANCE COMPANY HAVE MAKE THE TRANSITION YET.

jsalmon

Re: INSURANCE SETUP

Post by jsalmon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:36 am

INSURANCE PLANS DO NOT HAVE SPECIFIC PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM. I'M ASSUMING YOU ARE REFERRING TO THE DEFAULT PRACTICE PROVIDER, WHERE IN THE PROGRAM IS IT A PROBLEM FOR YOU THAT YOU NEED TO KEEP CHANGING THE DEFAULT PRACTICE PROVIDER?
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 am

If he has an individual provider NPI number with some Insurance companies and a corporate NPI number with the other companies, he's going to have problems with his claim submission. On some companies he's going to need to send a treating dentist different from the billing dentist. On the ones that he is still with a solo NPI he needs to send his individual NPI info as both the billing and treating dentist. The only thing I can think of that would serve as a temporary measure until he sends all insurance companies his corporate NPI is to define two providers, one with the individual NPI and the other with the corporate NPI and then double click on the claim in the Account module and manually set the treating and billing dentist from the dropdown lists before sending out each claim.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

drjorgel1

Post by drjorgel1 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:01 am

Thats right Bonilla thas the problem i have. the way i am doing it is going one by one and making the change for that specific company(IMC) to the corporate npi as the treating & billing provider. But it will be excellent if the program will let me set the default provider for each insurance company. Is my guess that this is not a very difficult thing to program in od.