Open Dental Dexis issue on one laptop only

For users or potential users.
jonesrdh

Open Dental Dexis issue on one laptop only

Post by jonesrdh » Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Recently (and I think completely unrelated) I switched the power settings on the laptop in the DDS opperatory. The reason was that when the power conservation would make the screen go black this would disable the volume. Then when I would page the doctor she wouldn't hear it.

For some reason ever since then the DDS and assistant are having compatibility problems between Open Dental and Dexis. What happens is that Open Dental is open, then they click the Dexis tab. Once in Dexis when they go back to Open Dental the tooth chart area is either completely blank as in no graphics at all OR the space is filled with dexis xray images. They said it is as if Dexis is somehow not closing fast enough. In order to see the dental chart graphics they have to completely sign out of Open Dental. They have not been able to do this in front of me though. So I can only describe second hand what is happening.

I asked if it only happens on patient's that have x-rays taken that day. They don't think so. They said that they think it happens when they close Dexis by clicking the x in a circle instead of the x at the upper right hand corner of the box.

Fluke? It's only that one particular laptop. Any thoughts?

bpcomp

Re: Open Dental Dexis issue on one laptop only

Post by bpcomp » Thu May 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Video drivers issue. You can try to see if there is an update for the video drivers. You can also try switching Open Dental's graphic preferences. Go to File and then Graphics and then switch the modes around.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu May 30, 2013 3:47 pm

I agree it's a graphics card/driver issue. These steps in the "Troubleshooting sequence if DirectX is not working properly" section should be most helpful to you.
http://opendental.com/manual/graphics.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Fri May 31, 2013 5:11 am

If this did not happen before, there could have been an automatic update to the video driver like with window's updates. Check if there was a recent update and roll it back to the previous driver version.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005