Sheet setup

For users or potential users.
macropod

Sheet setup

Post by macropod » Thu May 23, 2013 2:32 pm

I am trying to set up post-operative instructions brochures to issue to patients. As far as I can see the best way to do this is to set up a brochure as a letter then print the letter.

First of all how do I enter predetermined text (the post-operative instructions) and graphics. I have attempted to enter graphics but once placed on the sheet they are fixed in place and size. I had expected to be able to drag a graphic to a more appropriate positionand perhaps resize rather than having to start the whole document all over again.

Any help appreciated

JB

Jorgebon

Re: Sheet setup

Post by Jorgebon » Thu May 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Double click the graphic on the sheet and then set the size you want in the properties window that opens. To move it in the sheet, click and drag it. What type of sheet did you select for these? Depending on the type of sheet you select you will have different things available to use in it. To enter text you click on "Static text" and write blocks of text that you place in the sheet.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

macropod

Post by macropod » Mon May 27, 2013 12:20 am

Hmmmmm getting the idea. Click and drag of an image is not working but I can drag fields native to OD and set co-ordinates for the image.

I have set it up as a patient letter

I am setting up post operative instructions. How do I view the finished product. The Static Text field holds heaps of text but only its title is output to the screen.

I seem to be missing something

JB

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Mon May 27, 2013 8:32 am

The text you wrote is not showing because you haven't set the size of the block of text. Adjust width and height by entering the approximate size of the text field. For example, if the block of text is about 6 inches wide and 4 inches tall, enter width of 600 and height of 400.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

macropod

Post by macropod » Tue May 28, 2013 5:20 am

Duhhh!!

Thanks