Web Forms

For users or potential users.
vernonhillsdc

Web Forms

Post by vernonhillsdc » Tue May 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Does anyone have web forms other than Patient Registration and Medical History? I need electronic forms to use in kiosk for HIPAA, Financial Agreement and Dental History. Where can I find them? Thank you

boboffice

Re: Web Forms

Post by boboffice » Tue May 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Very easy to make using the sheets function. You can see mine homemade ones at www.ilovemysmile.com. Well worth a few hours work.
Robert Marcus DMD
Univ. of CT '93
Poway, CA

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Wed May 08, 2013 5:17 am

boboffice wrote:Very easy to make using the sheets function. You can see mine homemade ones at http://www.ilovemysmile.com. Well worth a few hours work.
Bob, really nice web site. Who made it for you?
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

boboffice

Post by boboffice » Wed May 08, 2013 6:04 am

Thanks. I made it myself on iWeb!
Robert Marcus DMD
Univ. of CT '93
Poway, CA

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed May 08, 2013 8:49 am

The kiosk and web forms only support Patient Registration and Medical History sheets right now. It would be a feature request to enhance it to handle other types of sheets.
I'm pretty sure you could cheat the system by creating your needed "HIPAA, Financial Agreement and Dental History" sheets as Patient Registration sheets even though that's not what they'd really be. You would have to make sure that they have the required fields on them somewhere; LastName, FirstName, and Birthdate... Just an idea.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Manny Ramirez

Post by Manny Ramirez » Sat May 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Is there a way to automatically have OD do the following ?
After the initial registration, on return visits, OD warns the patients when a form needs to be updated, and will automatically present a new fill out form. That way the staff doesn't have to review past forms and prepare new ones to be signed. Patients will fill out information that's changed as necessary.
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sun May 12, 2013 9:43 am

Manny Ramirez wrote:Is there a way to automatically have OD do the following ?
After the initial registration, on return visits, OD warns the patients when a form needs to be updated, and will automatically present a new fill out form. That way the staff doesn't have to review past forms and prepare new ones to be signed. Patients will fill out information that's changed as necessary.
And similarly remind staff to update history, probings, etc.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Sun May 12, 2013 11:13 am

Manny Ramirez wrote:Is there a way to automatically have OD do the following ?
You could set up an automation that shows an update form when patients come back (this happens to me when I go to other offices for work, I fill out the same sheet every time):
Trigger: OpenPatient
Conditions: SheetNotCompletedTodayWithName
Action: ShowExamSheet
SheetDef: UpdateSheetDefHere

It sounds like you might require a couple more conditions that don't exist yet to successfully tackle the automation you are looking for. Hopefully this can get your creative juices flowing though.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Sun May 12, 2013 11:30 am

Rickliftig wrote:And similarly remind staff to update history, probings, etc.
Do these this need updated after X months after they are complete? Could you create a dummy procedures and recalls for things like this and just have it be part of the appointment?

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sun May 12, 2013 12:01 pm

jsalmon wrote:
Do these this need updated after X months after they are complete? Could you create a dummy procedures and recalls for things like this and just have it be part of the appointment?
That is exactly what I do Jason. some of these forms are like X-rays in that they have a frequency that is not quite every appt.

Somewhere along the line I submitted a feature request that the buttons on the chart would have a color flag indicating a type of exam needed to be done. Ie) if a perio chart had never been recorded, the perio chart button would be red. If it needed updating, orange. If it was current, green.

Best,

Rick
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

vernonhillsdc

Post by vernonhillsdc » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Does anyone have a dental history web form?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Someone shared a medical history form on the sharing thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4681

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

raumfamilydentistry

Post by raumfamilydentistry » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:11 pm

jsalmon wrote:
Would this put the form in a kiosk for the patient to update when they check in or are you referring to this as a way to prompt staff to do it with the patient? What I have struggled with on Recall items is that if the patient does not do it when due, it never comes back on their future recall appts to be done again. Panx is my best example of this. If it is not done at the appt when due, it does not pop up again at the next recall appt. Am I setting up these recalls wrong? Because that was my initial thought for Health History updates, but if we did not get it at Jan prophy, it would not be automatically added to their filling appt or their July recall prophy.

I'll have to read up more on Automation, if that could prompt us to what forms are needed for updating/completion.

Thanks!
Katherine

jourdo

Post by jourdo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Dumb question: Can web forms contain sheets that use images or are they a text only situation?

EDIT: Nevermind... learned that one by trial and error.