Schick 33 sensors

For users or potential users.
kicksave

Schick 33 sensors

Post by kicksave » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Any Open Dental users using the new Schick 33 sensors?
Any limitations or problems with integrating with Open Dental?

Justin Shafer

Re: Schick 33 sensors

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu May 02, 2013 11:36 am

You would use them with Schick CDR, Patterson Imaging, or Apteryx. And then bridge Open Dental to one of those 3.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Watch out for Schick Tech Support. Seems to have gone downhill.

drmaximus

Post by drmaximus » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:16 am

I have the Schick 33 elite and use the Patterson imaging software. Image quality is almost as good as it gets, the filters they use are incredible. Bad news is patterson imaging crashes at least once per day on a workstation requiring a reboot. Tech support will blame everything but their software, they made me buy a new network card, replace a section of network cord, and than they blamed it on OpenDental software causing the problem. So the bridge is finicky but if you can deal with the occasional restart I say go for it.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:25 am

They blamed it on Open Dental??? rofl. That shows how skillful they are.

Open Dental is just a client to a MySQL database. Schick\Patterson doesn't even write the program, Apteryx does. And Apteryx is awesome. They wouldn't blame it on Open Dental.
rofl.

Sounds like someone at Patterson tech support was talking out of his butt. :D

tomle

Post by tomle » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:51 pm

I used them with Apteryx, and they worked fines. Schick CDR, and support suck, who in the world uses a separate SQL Server database to keep track of their software info, etc... Upgrade to a new windows OS will be a nightmare.

drmaximus

Post by drmaximus » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:34 am

Not Sure who writes the software but it says Patterson all over it and sold as Patterson dental imaging v17. Called tech support and now they are saying it crashes because I don't have a default printer setup as I use log-mein in and it changes the default printer from time to time. but they could not replicate the crash with changing the default printer. I've just given up and restart whenever it happens as each time I call they blame it on some other issue but it happens across several workstations

Manny Ramirez

Post by Manny Ramirez » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:27 pm

drmaximus wrote:I have the Schick 33 elite and use the Patterson imaging software. Image quality is almost as good as it gets, the filters they use are incredible. Bad news is patterson imaging crashes at least once per day on a workstation requiring a reboot. Tech support will blame everything but their software, they made me buy a new network card, replace a section of network cord, and than they blamed it on OpenDental software causing the problem. So the bridge is finicky but if you can deal with the occasional restart I say go for it.
Patterson ES in general is very finicky in regards to the hardware and memory used. After long discussions with Patterson support what worked for one of our customers was to assign a Static IP address in all PCs, entering the the IP address of the ES server in the Host file (within the ETC Folder ), disabling the Link Layer Discovery Mapping and Res ponder and in some computers , and disabling IPV6. As per Patterson support, they prefer Peer-to-Peer networks. Hope these steps shed some light :)
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC