Eaglesoft Integration Questions - XDR, Sopro, ICON

For users or potential users.
jhogan1

Eaglesoft Integration Questions - XDR, Sopro, ICON

Post by jhogan1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 am

I just found this board and it seems to be a valuable resource.

I have a few questions I'm hoping to get some help with.

I'm at an educational institution and support our Dental Hygiene program.

We have Eaglesoft installed and use both Sopro and ICON cameras. I'm able to use them both; but, it takes some user tweaking. I'd like to find a way to use both cameras without having to manually change it in preferences each time.

My second question has to do with XDR. We were able to purchase some XDR sensors with a grant; but, sadly cannot afford the tech support license. It seems we may be losing the software; but, we have the sensors.

I do have the twain software loaded; but, what isn't intuitive to me is how to use the XDR sensors in Eaglesoft w/out the XDR software.

The sensor is recognized in device manager under USB devices.

bpcomp

Re: Eaglesoft Integration Questions - XDR, Sopro, ICON

Post by bpcomp » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 am

If you have the twain drivers for the XDR sensors then you can capture xray images into Patterson Imaging by selecting the scanner dialog box and then selecting the appropriate XDR twain driver. I have not used the XDR twain interface so I can not speak for how the actual mechanics of capturing works but I have used the Schick twain interface to capture before and you want to test with capturing via "Get Preview" and then hitting scan to que the image for bringing it into Patterson Imaging. Hopefully with is somewhat helpful and will get you going but if not come back and ask for more clarification.

jhogan1

Post by jhogan1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:29 am

hmm. I don't see that option.

But, we do currently still have the XDR software and when using that I do see it as a twain driver. I just don't see the option in Eaglesoft and I'm pretty sure we are going to have to uninstall the XDR software since we can't afford their contract.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:53 am

My capture button thread for ebay cameras... Has my capture button software. That will work. Sopro uses the Empia 28xx chips.

Manny Ramirez

Post by Manny Ramirez » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Maybe this is a good time for you guys to upgrade from Eaglesoft to Open Dental :mrgreen: . You might be able to use the Image module in OD and use the twain driver from XDR to take X-ray. Eaglesoft Image module is not cheap ! Once in OD I am sure Justin can figure a way to make work :D
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC