Bridge for Dexis

For users or potential users.
jbxtn

Bridge for Dexis

Post by jbxtn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 am

I performed a bridge to dexis the same way that I have 6 other computers in my office but when I press the Dexis button on the new computers I get a message that tells me that C:/Dexis/Dexis.exe cannot be found. I know that the file is there. I can see it when I open the Dexis folder. Is there a reason for this? I am opening a new office in a week and I need this to work on these new computers. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.
Jeff

jsalmon

Re: Bridge for Dexis

Post by jsalmon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:34 am

Typically running Open Dental as an administrator fixes this issue.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jbxtn

Post by jbxtn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:11 am

Thank you. That fixed it. Love this forum.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:29 am

I have seen it where a new error will come up from Dexis when Open Dental is running as an administrator on some computers. The error says something along the lines of "The database cannot be found" and it lists 5 or 6 other items that it cannot find. Each time I've seen this, I've referred the customer to call Dexis and let them know that running as an administrator is causing this error to occur and then I never hear back from the customer. I'm assuming Dexis knows the fix for that issue. Hope it doesn't happen for your other computers!

Welcome to the Open Dental community btw.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com