Spell Checker Ver 13.1.X

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Spell Checker Ver 13.1.X

Post by jclaydds » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:46 am

I installed Beta Version 13.1.9 last night and I used the new Spell Checker function for the first time and there is only one word to describe it --- AWESOME!!! I first put a lot of my votes toward this feature request back in December 2011 and even added a small pledge to try to move it up the list. Others also voted for the request and it rose the top of the list and the Open Dental Team got it implemented in Version 13.1.X. It is great! It is lightning fast and doesn't seem to cause any slowness in the program that I can detect although I see on the bug list that may have been an issue in an earlier Beta version. You can easily add to the dictionary dental terms and abbreviations that the spell checker doesn't recognize. It is going to be a big asset to better, more accurate records and will be appreciated by the whole team. Thanks for getting it implemented!

My "pie in the sky " is maybe some day -- "auto-correct on the fly" for common misspelled words but that can be a future improvement. I am thrilled with just having the spell checker capability that we now have.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Spell Checker Ver 13.1.X

Post by jordansparks » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks. We're still tweaking and fine-tuning it. For example, we need to turn it off completely for certain windows like query editor where everything is "misspelled".
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com