Lab slips to be automatically saved to images?

For users or potential users.
babysilvertooth

Lab slips to be automatically saved to images?

Post by babysilvertooth » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:25 am

Is there a way to have lab slips created with sheets that I do to be automatically saved into the lab folder in images?
If not, where are lab slips stored?
I just made an appointment, from there I created a lab slip that I set up in sheets. I printed the slip for the lab. The slip is attached to the appointment but can I have it saved in images?
Or in the chart is the only way to see lab slips?

Thanks

drtech

Re: Lab slips to be automatically saved to images?

Post by drtech » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:05 pm

you just open them from the line in the chart by double clicking on the lab case and then the "Edit Slip" button.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:53 am

You could create a pdf from the edit lab slip screen and then import that pdf into the patient's images. It's not a one button smooth way to do it, but it is a way.

rmaddali

Post by rmaddali » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:32 pm

i don't know, why such a simple feature save to images is not there?you have to go around, save to pdf and then export to images

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:47 pm

Why do you want to see the lab slips in the images folder? I think that folder for lab slips was created way prior to having the lab slips work thru sheets. I always assumed that OD just left that folder there to view older lab slips for users that were scanning them there prior to using the sheets framework. If you want to see only the lab slips and not hunt thru the complete chart why not just set a view in the chart to only show the labslips?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:17 pm

I don't see any reason to save a copy of the pdf in the pt's image folder when you can open the lab slip at any time from the Chart module.
Personally, I like to have copies of all my lab slips saved in a folder by lab and by year. This way I can look for a lab slip even if I don't remember the patient's name. So when I create the lab slip I print it twice. First a hard copy to put in the lab box, and second a virtual ("Print to pdf") copy which I save in My Documents. I stack it on top of all the other lab Rx's sent to that same lab. Example: In ...My Documents/Labs/2012 I have a pdf named "Glidewell 2012.pdf" with all the lab slips sent to Glidewell in 2012. This mimics the old days when I had a folder for each lab and saved carbon copies of the lab slips in a folder in the file cabinet.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429