Patient collections

For users or potential users.
sarrahlynn

Patient collections

Post by sarrahlynn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:09 pm

We are converting to OD from Dentrix in a month and I am trying to find a report, especially a workable list, comparable to Dentrix's "Collections Manager".
I prefer to have an aging report that does not include outstanding insurance, since this report is run seperately during the month.

Thank you

nathansparks

Re: Patient collections

Post by nathansparks » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 pm

sarrahlynn,
I think you should call Open Dental and talk this over with me (Nathan). The amount that insurance is expected to pay you on the customer's behalf is still their debt, and so as part of the account balance it ages. The aging report does show and subtract the expected insurance for the patient column, so you can see the 'patient' balance adjusted for expected insurance. We can write a report that pull out the expected insurance before aging, but then the customer statements would not match the report. So the first question is, what exactly are you going to use this report for? Once I know that I can give you a specific answer.
Nathan

sarrahlynn

Post by sarrahlynn » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:40 pm

We usually do not bill patients until all claims are paid.

To go through the entire aging report with outstanding claims is tedious and time consuming. A waste of time really.
I am not concerned with any balance with a claim still outstanding.

Going through the outstanding insurance is a whole other task.

Thank you.

sarrahlynn

Post by sarrahlynn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:23 am

How do I run the aging report without any families with outstanding insurance?
I am not worried about accounts with outstanding insurance. We manually send statements after all insurance has been paid for a family account.

Thank you