To set up a referral letter

For users or potential users.
ForrestGumpDDS

To set up a referral letter

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 pm

I need to setup the way to issue referral (letter? slip?) to physician's office for medical consult prior to treating certain type of patients.
What would my steps be?
Which type of sheet will suit my needs best? Slip? Letter?
The "letter type" seems to be what I want it to be except I cannot add a field for notes that can be edited from patient to patient.
So does this mean it has to be a "referral slip" type?

What I did for now is I added a D9310 (consult) to pt's tx plan, double clicked on it and clicked on "referral" button, added a physician's information and in referral slip selected needed referral slip in drop-down box.
When setting up a referral source I noticed that there's no "physician" type of doctors to select from, but it's not a big deal.

akperio

Re: To set up a referral letter

Post by akperio » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:13 am

I'd like to bump this topic to see if anyone has any new information on this. Thank you.

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:28 am

Try using a PatientForm with input fields for customization.
If you can't find a specific input field use misc. and customize it to fit your needs.

drtmz

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:01 am

In a referral letter sheet, you can indeed add a field for notes that can be edited from patient to patient. It wouldn't be much use otherwise. But there is one gotcha to beware of. If your letter contains a toothchart or a grid, then it gets saved as an uneditable pdf. You can still edit when it first comes up, but not after the initial save. This might be the problem you are running into where you think you cannot edit a referral letter. I consider this limitation to be a temporary issue that we will address soon.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com