practice works(7.0) to Open Dental:finally!

For users or potential users.
beirutitooth

practice works(7.0) to Open Dental:finally!

Post by beirutitooth » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:34 am

I have been reading this forum and dental town forum on OD for several weeks and I am very excited to join the OD network of happy users.
I just registered to this forum and am looking forward to chat will all of you OD fans! :)
I have used Practice Works for 15 years and it is time for me to move to a more modern PMS and better customer service and support.
The data conversion team from OD did do a trial conversion unto my virtual network that my IT person installed for that purpose.
My team and I will receive the first hour of training this Monday so we can all start playing around with the software until we go live sometime hopefully soon.
The data conversion team at OD was very professional and helpful.Most of the data converted well except one of the forms that I use from Club Lighthouse(expert form) as a medical and general notes that I input after a pt is checked in.
Wondering if anyone has encountered similar situation.
I will let the data conversion team know about it and seek a solution.
One of the biggest challenges for me and my team converting to OD will be to rewriting all the progress notes templates that I did get from Lighthouse as a quick download and with OD it is going to be a hard long labor.I am also concerned about treatment plan procedures falling in the cracks if they were not part of planned appointments.
I am hoping this new journey will go smooth! :D
Thanks for this great forum!