Recall Types

For users or potential users.
mfdental

Recall Types

Post by mfdental » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to set up my Recall types, and I'm having a little issue. For regular 6MR without x-rays, I typically schedule 30 minutes, and when you add BWs, I schedule 40 minutes.
So in the main procedure code list, I set it up so that Prophy is /X/, and 4BW is /X/. This way, if you Manually click on those procedures when making appointments, it automatically does 30 minutes for regular prophy, and 40 minutes if you add 4BWs. So I have no issues when manually entering recalls.

However there is an issue with the automaticed "Make Recall" button. If my receptionist clicks on the "make recall" button, it sets the time up as 30 minutes regardless of whether it has BWs or not. I can override it by changing the time pattern on Prophys to /XX/, making it default to 40 minutes, but I cant make it automatically do 30 minute for regular prophy without BWs. It seems like it can do one or the other.

I tried changing the Prophy time pattern to /X/, and BW to /X/, but it keeps it at 30 minutes.
I tried deleting all the set time patterns, but it also defaults to 30 minutes for the appointments.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Jorgebon

Re: Recall Types

Post by Jorgebon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Go into Setup/Recall types and double click on prophy. Set the time pattern you want for the whole appointment there. It doesn't add any extra time for the bitewings. I don't think there's a way to do it automatically.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

mfdental

Re: Recall Types

Post by mfdental » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:37 am

Yup, I already know about that function.
Problem is that you can only set it up as either 30 min or 40 min.
I cant get it to add that 10 minutes when they are due for BWs