Re-linking completed procedures with an appointment

For users or potential users.
dwnelson

Re-linking completed procedures with an appointment

Post by dwnelson » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:26 pm

I have completed procedures (e.g. exams) that I forgot to attach to an appointment. Two questions:

1) Can I create an appointment and add this completed procedure to it? I want it to show up in my Appointment module.
2) Can I run a report so I can identify all of the procedures that I forgot to attach to an appointment?

Thanks much.

jsalmon

Re: Re-linking completed procedures with an appointment

Post by jsalmon » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 am

1) I'm pretty sure there is a way to do this but I'm not sure on the best way to go about it. You might want to call in and ask support.
2) I'd take a look at our query examples page. I did a quick search and the first one I came across was Query #50 which is what you want but it's restricted to TP procedures only.
http://opendentalsoft.com:1942/ODQueryL ... yList.aspx
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

dwnelson

Post by dwnelson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:56 am

I found a work-around. It isn't particularly elegant, but it works.

1) I create a new appointment from the Appointment module and add a non-fee procedure to it (e.g. postop visit).
2) I drag this appointment from the Pinboard to the Appointment time
3) I double click the appointment. The usual list of treatment planned procedures pops up, but it *also* pops up completed procedures that apparently were never attached to an appointment (completed procedures that are attached to an appointment don't seem to show up). Then I select the completed procedure and de-select the dummy procedure (in this example, the postop visit).
4) Back in the Appointment module, the appointment is listed as incomplete (in spite of all of the procedures inside it being complete), so I click on the checkbox to complete the appointment (in the default colors, this goes from blue to gray).

dwnelson

Post by dwnelson » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am

5) I also delete the dummy procedure from the Chart module

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 pm

What you did is essentially the recommended way of doing it, except that you added in some extra unnecessary steps. Try this:
1. Create appointment. This takes you to the appointment edit window.
2. You will see the completed and unattached proc in that window. Single click to attach it to this new appointment.
3. Change the Status at the upper left to complete.
4. Click ok.
It's that simple. The order of the steps is not at all important. If you forget something, just go back and try again or fix it. For example, the appointment can be completed from a few different places, and the procedures can be added before or after the appointment is set complete. The step that is completely unnecessary is the adding a dummy procedure. That doesn't help anything.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com