How to mark old insurance plans

For users or potential users.
Pruce Dental

How to mark old insurance plans

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Is there a good way to mark old insurance plans as inactive? Llooking thru my list of plans, I see tons of old outdated plans and plans on people that have moved away etc.

How is a staff member supposed to know when looking up a plan on a new member if the data is 10 years old from somebody that has moved on? Some big corporations have switched insurance carriers half a dozen times and we still see each old one on the list of insurance plans. We don't want to delete the data or rename the plan because sometimes a major corporation might have different plans for different patients etc and we also do not want to alter historical data in OD. If we simple erase an old plan's data and replace it with the new plan when a company changes insurance we do not want the past claims to have the wrong insurance carrier name etc ...

I wish just like there was a pending insurance checkbox on each insurance plan screen there was another that could be checked to say the data is probably old and outdated.

Is there something I am missing that I need to do to clean up my insurance plan lists?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

Pruce Dental

Re: How to mark old insurance plans

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:38 pm

already answered my question after stumbling on the hidden checkbox.... :oops:
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com