Dexis

For users or potential users.
Dr.Cam

Dexis

Post by Dr.Cam » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 am

With a few of our patients, we click on the Dexis icon in Open Dental and it opens a Dexis file with no xrays in it. What has happened is there were two Dexis files created for the same patient and the incorrect one is linked to the patient's Open Dental chart. Does anyone know how to choose/change what Dexis file is linked to a specific patient Open Dental chart?

jsalmon

Re: Dexis

Post by jsalmon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 am

This might be a question for Dexis. I'm not an expert on Dexis but I'm assuming there will be a merge patient tool within Dexis so that the duplicate can be taken care of. If that's the case, I would look inside Open Dental at the patients PatNum or ChartNum depending on what your bridge uses and then choose the patient within Dexis that matches that number as the primary patient in the merge because that is the patient that Open Dental is telling Dexis to open. A lot of times programs will even have a way where you can change the patient or chart number within them to match Open Dental which would be another way to handle this.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

bpcomp

Re: Dexis

Post by bpcomp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 am

We have a similar issue with Patterson Imaging. Our issue is related to changing the patient name and I have to go in and manually change the name in Patterson to get it to link up properly again. I'm not sure whats going on with your situation but you might take a look at that.