HTML email

For users or potential users.
cheroxy

HTML email

Post by cheroxy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Is it possible to write HTML in your email templates and have that process correctly when run through gmail coming from OD? The only way I can think of adding any pictures or anything is to do it via the signature setting in Gmail. Any advice?
Thanks

jsalmon

Re: HTML email

Post by jsalmon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:45 am

I think we would have to change the code just before sending the email to set a flag to let the receiver know that the message is html. It's pretty simple if I remember right, something like : mail.IsBodyHtml = true; So with that knowledge, it would be a pretty simple feature request to implement. We would most likely make a preference so that people could toggle sending those types of messages. You can vote on the current feature request #429 but it seems no one has voted on it yet. It'd be much quicker to pay for it yourself. :|
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks. I'll think about that. I was considering adding in Demand Force, but with the recall system OD has the only things that I don't get already are images in emails and Req#728. How do I go about paying for it, just pledge? A couple of months of Demand Force payments would be easy to fork over for a code request.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:38 am

You can pledge or a quicker way would be to email Jordan for a direct quote on how much it would cost to implement.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Will do!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Sorry, that's outdated information. We used to give quotes, but we don't do that anymore. You could do the very same thing by putting a pledge into our feature request system. I don't think we would release something that just let you put raw html in the message. At the very least, we would include a preview of what it would look like. So it's not a one line change by any means. It includes a new field and a number of UI changes.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:49 pm

No worries, I'll cast my vote.

sbgcd

Post by sbgcd » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 pm

This is very important feature for offices who would like to do internal marketing... (e.g. Refer a Friend) proper HTML email with mass email lists.. small request that not all the dentist users realizing it but impact is huge!!.. just my 2 cents.. thanks.

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Some time back I suggested a button that launches Outlook from within OD and passes patient name and attachments to Outlook.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4426&p=18897&hilit=postman#p18897

I really believe this is the best way to go for the reasons I provided in that post (basically encrypted email). This feature request (# 2211) has several votes. If you agree why not vote for it and you will get what you want in addition to encrypted email.