Anybody outsource their billing?

For users or potential users.
bcpayne

Anybody outsource their billing?

Post by bcpayne » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 am

My billing employee quit and I was looking at what would be the most efficient way to get her work done.

I have heard of outsourcing billing to another company but don't know how this works or if it is an efficient way to go.

SSDC

Re: Anybody outsource their billing?

Post by SSDC » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:06 pm

I would stay away from a third party if possible. They additional fees they may charges like finance charges/late fees to patients will drive your remaining staff and patients crazy!!
It will be cheaper to hire a part timer to handle it once a month until you can find someone. Less personell you have to worry about with a third party!

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:07 pm

ditto
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

bcpayne

Post by bcpayne » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 am

Thanks for the advice. It seems hard to find people that do dental and medical billing anyway. I have been forced to figure out how to do it myself, which has been a difficult but empowering experience for a new guy that bought the practice with an experienced biller that did it all.

A word of advice to all that may have been naive like me, thinking that my biller was doing her job. Frequently run the insurance reports so you dont end up like me, out of timely filing for claims that add up well into six digit figures. Experience hurts.

cdtpros

Post by cdtpros » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:19 pm

@bcpayne

I'm sure you have found a solution by now to your billing employee that quit in 2012. Maybe you have implemented a new system that did not require you to continue doing the billing yourself. I see that you are in Pueblo, CO! I currently live in Colorado Springs! I am an experienced dental office manager with over 10 years of dental billing experience. I have even worked for the insurance company Delta Dental for a few years and have a unique inside look at how insurance companies function. I have completed a bachelor's degree from the University of Oklahoma and I am currently a candidate for completing a MBA from UCDenver. I have worked the last year for a dental billing company that offers remote billing services from home.

I agree, it is essential to check insurance reports frequently because even the best office managers with the greatest intentions are usually unable to stay on top of the billing paperwork required to ensure consistent collections while managing a busy office and providing excellent customer service, keeping the schedule full, etc.

I have recently started my own dental billing company and would love an opportunity to discuss what I can offer your practice in person face-to-face. Let me buy your office lunch and schedule a meeting! Since my company CDT Pros was created by an experienced office manager, you won't run into the horrific problems experienced by @drtech and @SSDC. We never charge additional hidden fees or harass your patients and staff. We understand how important and delicate these relationships are to a thriving dental practice. There are no contracts and we only get paid after month end reports, based on a small negotiated percentage of your insurance collections (2%-3.5% based on volume of insurance receivables).

You can reach me at cdtpros@gmail.com, or by phone (801) 871-5517. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Rebecca