Multiple providers for an appointment

For users or potential users.
bcpayne

Multiple providers for an appointment

Post by bcpayne » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:32 pm

I have recently noticed that our billing and income tracking has been messed up by the providers being changed when the procedures are attached to an appt.

Is there a way to keep the appointment from changing the provider when procedures are added to it? Sometimes I will have a separate anesthesia provider and the correct provider will be changed on the procedure. Any time the procedure is added to the appt or if you just open the appt and hit OK, it will change the provider to the provider listed on the appt. Is there any way to prevent this behavior? A setting I am missing somewhere?

mopensoft

Re: Multiple providers for an appointment

Post by mopensoft » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 pm

I think OD tries to match the scheduled providers with those who carried the procedures. In the database, each appointment has maximum one provider who can be the default provider of the operatory or the scheduled provider. If you schedule multiple provider for a operatory, the first one will be used to change procedure provider.

I reckon it would be programmatically simple to prevent changing procedure provider when it's added to an appointment, but it could violate the schedule and appointment settings.