X Charge help

For users or potential users.
asanders

X Charge help

Post by asanders » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:01 pm

I'll try to make this brief . . .

I had to replace both my front desk computers as each was having hardware issues. After 6-7 years I guess it was time.

I've got everything up and running with the exception of the printer for xcharge. I've been using a Dymo 450 previously with no problems. Now, when I try to change the paper size to "wide, continuous" click apply, etc. the general window for the printer (windows 7) only shows paper available as the default "30252, large address labels". As such when we try to print receipts, it comes out screwy. I've contacted dymo tech support twice, MS tech support twice, and XCharge. No one can get it resolved. I've updated drivers, firmware, etc.

I'm about to trash the printer and try something else. Unless someone has other ideas on how to change the default paper size, then I'd like to have patients sign the walk-out statement for their record. Can OD do something like this? How are others handling such an issue. I really need help. Thanks.

bpcomp

Re: X Charge help

Post by bpcomp » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:38 am

So if I understand correctly, you are printing your receipts on a label printer. From your comment about "wide, continuous" can I also assume that you are attempting to print on a continuous roll of paper and not on the 30252 address labels? Could you also explain a little more about how it comes out screwy.

asanders

Post by asanders » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 am

Yes, we've been using a Dymo 450 with continuous paper for our receipts. Even though the correct paper size is selected in under the Devices and Printers>Printing Preferences>Advanced, the default paper size is listed as something difference. As such, the format isn't correct as the printer thinks it is using a different sized paper.

I had another thought, is it possible to use a topaz pad to have patients sign the walk-out statement? We could then store the original signed walk-out statement/receipt electronically and print out a copy of it for the patient.

-Sanders

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 am

Feature request #87 would be something you might consider voting on. The "Discussion" section on that request might help you out for the time being.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

asanders

Post by asanders » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm

That would be perfect. I'm trying to make the transition to being completely paperless and it's a daunting task. Any idea when this will occur?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 am

We can't promise time frames on feature requests. However voting and pledging money towards it will help it get noticed. The quickest way to get a feature request is to pay for it yourself. We can give estimates on how much a feature would cost. Typically the cost is higher end of the hundreds or thousands, depending on complexity of the feature.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com