Updating fee schedules

For users or potential users.
Pruce Dental

Updating fee schedules

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Is there a way to list all procedure codes in numerical order instead of by the categories?...everytime we get a new PPO fee schedule it is so painful to update because we have to hunt through all the categories and keep jumping back and forth between the rarely used and never used categories...it would be nice to have EVERY code listed in numerical order so we can just go down the new fee list and update them all...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jsalmon

Re: Updating fee schedules

Post by jsalmon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 am

If you highlight every category or simply hit the all button, all your codes will show in numerical order. You can use the search section in the top left of the window to make finding the desired code even quicker.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Jason...

If you highlight them it will not show all codes in numerical order....for example..I have code D01060 Detailed and extensive oral exam listed under the rarely used category...it shows way at the bottom of the list in numerical order but under the rarely used category..it takes way too long hunting around to find which category a code is in...

I have only the most common codes listed under the categories fillings, crowns, endo, perio and removable....there has to be at least 50-75 rarely used codes under removable alone...

I know you can use the search feature to find a code but it would be WAY faster if one could have EVERY code in numerical order so you can just go down the PPO list entering each code using the 10 key pad ..it is hard enough updating PPO fee schedules and very cumbersome to search for every other code...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Sure enough, you're right. My test environment just happened to have them in order. As soon as I changed the order of the categories within Setup > Definitions, it was obvious to see it filter by category then by code. My apologies.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:01 am

Anyone know if there is already a feature request for adding a numerical view to the procedure codes or should I add it to the feature request?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com