Scanning with Epson Workforce GT-S50

For users or potential users.
doctordoom

Scanning with Epson Workforce GT-S50

Post by doctordoom » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:06 am

Ok so i bought this scanner after everyone recommended it in this forum.

I can't seem to get this thing to work properly in OD. Are people scanning documents directly in OD? Or are people scanning it and then importing it later?

I installed the drivers off the cd that came with the scanner. When i click multipage or single page scan and select the epson scanner it automatically scans but there is extra stuff at the bottom of the page and it isn't scanning both sides.

There was even a guy who posted on another thread that this scanner can automatically remove blank pages.

Any insight please?

enamelrod

Re: Scanning with Epson Workforce GT-S50

Post by enamelrod » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 pm

you should have installed the twain driver and OD should pick it up.

doctordoom

Post by doctordoom » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 pm

Ok so I got that working by installing the twain driver version 3.62 as recommended in the other post by jsalmon.

Now somewhere someone had mentioned this scanner can scan both sides then automatically eliminate the blank pages. Any ideas on how to do that? THanks in advance guys.

bcpayne

Post by bcpayne » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 pm

When the scan dialog pops up you need to change the settings for these functions, such as blank page detect and duplexing. Play with these settings to learn what they all do. Hint: if you want to keep file sizes small but want good quality you are better off using black and white with high resolution than grayscale with low resolution

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 am

its in the epson settings...and scan as a pdf

doctordoom

Post by doctordoom » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 am

Thanks guys, got it figured out now!! this scanner is awesome!!! Way faster than my brother duplex all in one machine!!!! Money well spent!!!
cheers

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:54 pm

make sure you have adobe reader on all of the computers...that you want to read the pdf...other pdf readers dont automatically show the document in OD...you will have to click on the document and it will appear.