Using Scan-X duo

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Using Scan-X duo

Post by fishdrzig » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 pm

If I were to buy the Scan-X duo system, since I already have Open Dental, do I need to buy any other software to view the images.
Same question with Planmeca promax
Thanks

Dwayne

Re: Using Scan-X duo

Post by Dwayne » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:06 pm

From what I can see, these systems include their own software for viewing the images. They would not be viewed or stored in Open Dental.
Dwayne
Open Dental Software
503 363 5432
service@opendental.com

Jorgebon

Re: Using Scan-X duo

Post by Jorgebon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:21 pm

I have a ScanX Duo. The ScanX needs imaging software, as does any other digital radiographic platform. Air Techniques sells Visix software, which is a smaller version of TigerView software. You can also use Apteryx and I believe you can use XDR software. Manny Ramirez, a frequent poster in this forum may have a way of scanning directly from the Duo into OD. Maybe you can send him a private mail asking how to do it. Nonetheless, I don't think you can get any editing functions other than the ones in the images module in OD unless you get a separate imaging software.
Many people like Apteryx XRayVision software and use it with ScanX. I personally tried it and didn't like it. It does have the advantage of being compatible with many sensors, cameras, and scanners, which is it's best selling point. I've seen XDR software on their website, and it does seem nice. I personally have Visix software, which is probably the least sold of all three because it only works on Air Techniques products. The reason I use it is that I find it produces great images and is extremely simple to use. It does not have a lot of the features that other imaging softwares have. Then again, I never seem to have the time during work to play around so much with images so I need something simple , fast , and that produces the best image possible.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005