daily production - net

For users or potential users.
drtbar

daily production - net

Post by drtbar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:10 am

Yesterday my daily production shows $4774 and my net shows $4516. I understand the net should be the daily production number minus any writeoffs. It's not very often that this comes up, but I am always able to find which patient/procedure the writeoff was taken from. This time I cannot find the $258 discrepancy. I've run a write off, adjustments, and production and income report for that day and there were no writeoffs or adjustments for that day. I should also note that I narrowed it down to the operative side by changing the drop down view to operative and it still shows the production with net and again the difference is $258. Any ideas how I can find where this discrepancy is coming from?

drtech

Re: daily production - net

Post by drtech » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Maybe the program is incorrectly applying an secondary or orphaned ins estimate on a particular procedure? I have found sometimes estimates get orphaned and need removal...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

drtbar

Post by drtbar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 pm

ok, if that's the case how would I confirm that and/or correct that?

drtbar

Post by drtbar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:25 am

I can't believe I'm the only person that has had this happen. How do I find out where the daily production + net numbers are calculated?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 am

The section labeled "Production" talks about the box in question on this page: http://opendental.com/manual/appointmentviews.html
Yet you seem to already know how it's calculating. Without a copy of your database, I don't have any good suggestions on how to track down which appointment for the day the writeoff is attached to. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to give us a copy of the database and we can find where the difference is coming from for you.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

parksjdp

Post by parksjdp » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Are you talking about the daily production on the dashboard to the right on the appt. screen? If so we have this about every 3 months maybe and we figured out that they are tied to a treatment plan that has been overridden with fees. So if you go into a procedure from the default treatment plan and add an estimate to that procedure (either from pre-auth or from prior claim history) then it will automatically calculate what you entered as the write-off of that procedure and report it as net on the production view screen. Hope that helps and that I haven't confused you to much.
JD Parks
Pratice Manager
Patera Family Dentistry
712-364-3101
jparks@paterafamilydentistry.com