Direct Digital Panorex

For users or potential users.
B.Thomas

Direct Digital Panorex

Post by B.Thomas » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:29 am

I am in the market for a direct digital panorex unit. My question is do any of the direct digital models import the panorex directly into OpenDental as a Jpeg Image? Can the "capture" button in images be used for this?

If not, which Panorex companies does Opendental have program links to?

bpcomp

Re: Direct Digital Panorex

Post by bpcomp » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 pm

For panorex capture, most companies offer a twain interface. All you need to do is set up the twain interface and then "scan" the pano directly into OD. I have done this with our Planmecca Promax and can confirm that it works to capture a jpeg.

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 am

what are the benefits to capturing it in OD? can you manipulate the pano in OD? print it out?

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:53 am

There are only basic correction tools in OD and the print out does not list patient information, however the benefit of capturing to OD in my mind is that the correction tools that exist are simple and powerful, and you don't need to run any other application or database. If you want to use another program and link from OD, you should have a look at http://www.opendental.com/manual/programlinks.html

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 am

i use apteryx..i was just wondering if i was missing something with OD.

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:08 am

Like bpcomp, I also like having the images in one application and one database. I run a busy ortho office and I want to click images and look at the pan in as few seconds as possible.