Purchasing computer systems

For users or potential users.
sproutdental

Purchasing computer systems

Post by sproutdental » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 am

I am an office start up that will be using open dental as my software and air techniques scan X as my digital X-ray system. I am looking at purchasing computers for the practice and am looking for an all-in-one touch screen. The following systems have been recommended to me: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/cont ... B4F400134D

Does anyone have any feedback on this system? Or, any other recommendations?

Thanks

teethdood

Re: Purchasing computer systems

Post by teethdood » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:00 am

Too much horsepower. Too expensive. Screen too small.
Look at the Lenovo B520 AIO, 23" screen. It went on sale for $540 a few days ago. Also roam the Lenovo outlet store.
HPs also have nice AIO.
I would only get AIOs if there's a window/glass in front of the patient. Then you would have to mount it off the chair.
If there's a wall, get 32" TVs for $200-$250 each and mount it on the wall. Run an HDMI cable (up the wall, across the ceiling, down the wall) to a regular computer on the doctor's side. This setup would enable the patient to watch tv while you do your work. you can also switch over to hdmi and project whatever you want to the tv (think x-rays, patient education videos, intraoral cam shots). The regular computers will run you $400 with monitor.
Just a couple of options to think about
Philip H. Doan, DDS
http://www.kaweahdental.com/

sproutdental

Re: Purchasing computer systems

Post by sproutdental » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:33 am

I'll look into the lenovo you suggested. AIO touchscreen is something that I feel will streamline. Good idea with the tv screen however, because I am a pediatric practice my set up is a little different. Tvs will be mounted on the ceiling above the patient and the treatment plan/xrays/education videos are not reviewed in the op setting. Thanks for your input!