Dexis Platinum sensor as a Gendex sensor in Apteryx

For users or potential users.
Justin Shafer

Dexis Platinum sensor as a Gendex sensor in Apteryx

Post by Justin Shafer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:26 am

That is what I did..

You can use a Dexis as a Gendex. If you need to know how.. give me a call... I don't do it for free, but I am not very expensive.
Edit! I don't do it at all, but keep reading and you can figure it out on your own.

If your x-ray software can use the Gendex GX-Picture Software to talk to sensors (Apteryx does), then it can use Dexis.

There is also some file out there that allows Eaglesoft to use GXPicture... (I have never seen it myself, but I KNOW it exists, ask around) Which means you COULD use Dexis with Eaglesoft perhaps Patterson Imaging which I have also never used.. Anyways.. this allows Dexis to work with GX-Picture. Never tried GX-Twain. Tested on 3.41

Dental Integration at its finest. :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4750&p=20287#p20287
Last edited by Justin Shafer on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:38 am, edited 11 times in total.

MatthewK

Re: Dexis Platinum sensor as a Gendex sensor in Apteryx

Post by MatthewK » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 am

Justin,

Could you PM or email me regarding this? I've left a couple VM's and haven't heard from you.

THank you,
Matt

drgck

Post by drgck » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:30 pm

You did this with the platinum dexis sensor, can it be done with the dexis classic sensor? Thanks.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:11 am

Read the .inf file for a dexis and gendex driver. the platinum and the gx-700. You will also need to add the SPT entry for the firmware in the inf, you will need to copy the SPT File into your "root" folder where the other spt files are.

Originally I tried replacing the Gendex Size 1 as the Dexis, with success. Then I tried to keep all 3 sensors in the same inf file, with success.

It is a puzzle, but it is solvable, give it a try.

PID VID stuff.

If Gxpicture asks for the sensor calibration file, then your almost in business, you just need to install your calibration file.

Tested on 3.41..

Look at the dexis inf and add what is missing in the gendex inf.

Presto!
Last edited by Justin Shafer on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:13 am

drgck wrote:You did this with the platinum dexis sensor, can it be done with the dexis classic sensor? Thanks.
No. The dexis classic was made before gendex AND dexis companies were purchased.

I consider the Gendex GXS-700 to be a size 1 & 2 and the Dexis Platinum to be a size 1.5.. From the same people. They then get different software, and pricing.

Why make 2 sensor brands when you can make 1 and sell them as if they were 2? Saves $$.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:53 pm

I hear someone is attempting this and having problems.

If so, give me a shout.

817-909-4222

Would love to lend a hand!