Dental Intraoral Camera - Capture Button Installer OUTDATED

For users or potential users.
Justin Shafer

Dental Intraoral Camera - Capture Button Installer OUTDATED

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Done. OUTDATED THREAD

Go here.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5225
Last edited by Justin Shafer on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 27 times in total.

Manny Ramirez

Re: A great E-Bay Camera

Post by Manny Ramirez » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 pm

How do you get the freeze and capture button to work inside Dexis and Vixwin ? So far the only way I can make it work is using their cheap software.
If you are bridging to an Imaging software and can make it work with the ones you mentioned, there is no need to use OD Imaging

Sharing is caring !
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:28 am

can you give links to where to find these cameras?
EP40A
MD-740A

Dwayne

Post by Dwayne » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Open Dental does not currently support video capture. Bridging to the manufacturer's application is the best option at this point.
Dwayne
Open Dental Software
503 363 5432
service@opendental.com

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:52 pm

This capture button on the MD-740 and the EP40A works inside of Open Dental.. tested today..

Doesn't work with Apteryx.. will be shipping them this camera soon, though I now like another camera...

Sigh.... Waiting for that to arrive from China. These computers were tested with XP.. not sure about 7... 7 may not work because of WIA vs Direct Show...

Justin Shafer

Re: A great E-Bay Camera Update

Post by Justin Shafer » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Don't buy the MD-740 or EP-40.. The image is good.. but the capture only works in Open Dental's intraoral camera feature and in Apteryx as well.. so if you don't have Apteryx, etc.. Don't buy it. I was told it had an Empia 2860 but the person who told that to me was wrong. Both the MD-740 and the EP-40 have "autofocus" which really is just a non adjustable lens that has a focal point from like 10mm to 50mm or whatever... Both the Md-740 and EP40A are the same camera.. 1 small difference but nothing to care about.

I tested the EP40 and it works with Open Dental's intraoral.. Which I thought my client was using Apteryx for that, but he isn't.

If you guys buy any camera that has an Empia 2820 or higher, I can get it working with whatever.. so far. Capture buttons and all! Dexis, Dentrix Image, VixWin, XDR, Kodak..

The nice ones I see that have the empia 28xx are the HDI-712 or MD-830UF

I have the USB-B and it works, but the image quality kinda sucks. (excuse my language) It's fine until you get close up.
http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/camera.mp4 (md-740) (ep40a)
http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/usb-b.mp4
http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/usbb_modified.mp4 (I switched out the lens from another camera.. I can move the focal point with it) This was just for my own fun. I can adjust it to be very clear very close, but then you cannot see anything far away.. Still... I should show you guys what it looks like.. its cool. kind of like having a scope in a mouth.. not really.. but better then an intraoral camera.

No video's for the HDI-712 (alibaba from handycreate) or MD-830UF (ebay). I have contacts at Handy... and for the MD you just buy it from ebay.
HDi-712 is $400 CameraBridge Software is $100.00 but I doubt I will need it. I sent an email to 40 of my clients.. someone will buy it for me to play with.
MD-830UF is $500
Both have adjustable focus

A guy I met in California had the MD and I got the capture button working as a Dexcam3, and he said the image was just like his Dexcam3.

I like the handy camera's they are nicer.

confused? :D

Wondering how I get the capture buttons working????

I tested a theory on the ezcap.tv capture card.. that has a snapshot button.. and I got it working in all x-ray software with capture and freeze..

Same way I use a Dexis Sensor in Apteryx.

I modify the driver's .inf file's etc. 8)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-0-MEGA-PIXELS ... 6rk%3D1%26
Cheap.. not so good of an image.. Empia 2860 http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/usb-b.mp4 to see for yourself

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Focusing-Dental ... 902wt_1163
Manual Focus. Membranes instead of buttons.. Empia 2860

http://handydental.en.alibaba.com/produ ... SBCam.html
$400.00 and I bet its the best camera listed... I talked to an engineer and its an Empia 2860.

I can make it work with anything. You may not be able to, your IT guy may not be able to, but I can. Because its an Empia 28xx chip. I have my ways.
Last edited by Justin Shafer on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:35 am

http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/usbb_modified2.mp4

That is zoomed in all the way with the lens I borrowed from another camera.

I updated the first post.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:23 am

Manny Ramirez wrote:How do you get the freeze and capture button to work inside Dexis and Vixwin ? So far the only way I can make it work is using their cheap software.
If you are bridging to an Imaging software and can make it work with the ones you mentioned, there is no need to use OD Imaging

Sharing is caring !
check your pm.

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 am

Justin,

I had a HK-780 USB with a Twain driver and I could use it directly to OD in Win XP. However I just upgraded to Windows 7 and reloaded the software and the Twain driver doesn't seem to be showing up.
I bought a new camera (DY-40B USB) loaded the software it is recognized by the software that came with the camera but it also does not appear on the list of possible scanners in OD.

Any thoughts on how to get them to appear in the OD as a scanner? I am assuming I need to find the correct Twain driver but I have not had any luck trying to find one to download.

Thanks.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Some HK-780s have Sonix chipset and some have Empia.. You have to update the drivers from the websites accordingly.. I will charge you $90.00 to hunt down the driver.

Let me know if I can help you out.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 am

I can now get the MD-740 to work with ANYTHING. Same with the MD-930UW..

Any software so far, all capture buttons. YAY!

ccclandshark

Post by ccclandshark » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 am

Justin,

Image quality looks good for the MD-740. Am I correct that all featues now work with open dental, including image capture? No other software needed? If so, this is a great deal and should be promoted!

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 pm

stuff
Last edited by Justin Shafer on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 pm

ccclandshark wrote:Justin,

Image quality looks good for the MD-740. Am I correct that all featues now work with open dental, including image capture? No other software needed? If so, this is a great deal and should be promoted!
I havent really tested Open Dental all that much, but I got the MD-740\EP40A to work with EZ-Twain and the capture button. I should retest that, but it worked for a doc out i Allen, TX.

I do NOT recommend my clients to store images in Open Dental.. I tell them to use the X-Ray Software. The doc out in Allen just doesn't want to do that. :D

KevinVan

Re: Dental Intraoral Camera - Capture Button Installer

Post by KevinVan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Anyone still have the files that was once posted for Apteryx? I tried downloading it, but the file is no longer available.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:30 am

Yeah the response over the capture button project has been small and not NEARLY as profitable as I had hoped. So I have taken down my links, and I charge $200.00 to make it work, and I can show you the camera that I want you to use.

Thanks for understanding,

Justin

PS. PLEASE do not call me wanting to shoot the breeze over the capture button, if you do not intend on using my services. I do not have the time to talk endlessly about cameras. :D Especially $100.00 ones!

You would be wise to buy more then 1 camera... that is for sure.

Honestly guys, too much time has been wasted by docs calling me wanting to "talk about cameras" and which camera, and how many.. and gee I think I should buy 1.. zZZZZZ Its a time waste. :D Its like hearing a patient talk about his teeth.... But for free!

doctordoom

Post by doctordoom » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:32 am

honestly the reason why is because they were trying to follow your instructions above and it didnt work.

Dentists including me thought its was a free way for us to use capture button in open dental, but now i'm starting to realize its more like advertising for your consulting company. (eg $200 USD to get it to work)

Luckily the cameras work in xdr software.

KevinVan

Post by KevinVan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks... I was just looking to try out some of the stuff....

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:15 am

doctordoom wrote:honestly the reason why is because they were trying to follow your instructions above and it didnt work.

Dentists including me thought its was a free way for us to use capture button in open dental, but now i'm starting to realize its more like advertising for your consulting company. (eg $200 USD to get it to work)

Luckily the cameras work in xdr software.
Oh.. now you have done it!

Here.

http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/EMLIB_stock.zip.. Will with a Prodent 740 at 8:30 am.... I tweaked something.. which I do everytime... A lot of it depends on the camera... This is the guts that I have decided to share with you.. If you guys were smart you would hire someone or someone with more programming experience could really spend the time and make it even better.. You can google it all day long and never find this program.. I spent a LONG time begging Ivy for it late at night over skype.. Ivy is in China and works for Magenta. And when I finally got it, it didn't come with any directions on what you need to compile it.. That was fun. Then changing up the code to work on a timer, and automatically listening on the addresses.. and testing ALL addresses to see which ones are capture buttons, then more programming.. The programmer at magenta who sent it to me said... here you go.. can you program? I said no.. he said.. "have fun!".. sent file and signed off.. BUT I LIKE A CHALLENGE!

http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/setup.exe

If you cant figure it out, don't blame me... If you can't I charge depending on the # of operatories... $100-$200 I am not going to start a business over this.. I charge my local clients around $130.00 for my normal labor... and I spent A LOT MORE TIME THEN ANY OF YOUR IT GUYS SPENT ON GETTING THE CAPTURE BUTTON TO WORK. :D

I logged into one computer and the C:\ was H:\.. on some of the computers... Yay! :D
Last edited by Justin Shafer on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 am

Just got a ProDent 740A working decently well with ES 16.10

Capture buttons seem to work best polling at 400ms and having autohotkey poll at 200ms. Hardwired PageUp into EM2580.exe and then AutoHotKey did the rest.. Tried hard coding the keys straight into the .exe but for some reason ES was ignoring the keys.. probably a timing issue on keystrokes...

But.. it worked.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRUBHydtdM8

Video...

Soon I will post the changes I made to VC6 Project specifically the EM2580 SDK Portion...

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 am

Okay I posted the SDK EMLIB_stock.zip ... You will need VC6 and DirectX B SDK.. And configure VC6 to use the DXSDK, and compile something inside of DXSDK for it to work.

Here is the EM2580.exe for the ProDent 740A

http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/EM2580.exe

this is hard coded to page up, polling every 400ms, on address 12, it waits for the Value to change from 47 to 07.. When it sees 07, it will execute page up.

Magenta originally created EM2580.exe for the old MD-930U... And so I follow in their footsteps, though now they no longer provide an executable just for the capture button, now its compiled into their imaging software, like XDR... though I think XDR may not be using the 2580SDK, they may be listening for a Still Image Event which not all Magenta cameras seem to support.
Last edited by Justin Shafer on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:37 am

Oh yeah.. and for the record.. All the people I have setup capture buttons for have not even been billed.. I told them I would but they were more or less my beta testers... One man has been billed so far, and that was TODAY. And well I drove to an office locally... I do charge for that, of course.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 am

You know.. there are some people that won't even pick up the phone to call you if they can't figure it out.. And I guess they expect free tech support.... I have downgraded the SDK to the one that I was given my Magenta. So the code addition I added is not there... You will have to modify it yourself.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 am

MD-930U and XDR notes for me.

SetTimer, CaptureButton, 1000
CaptureButton:
SetKeyDelay, 700
VK21::
Send {Space}{Space}
Return

void CEzRegIoDlg::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent)

{
// TODO: Add your control notification handler code here
KillTimer(0); SetTimer(1, 200, 0);
UpdateData(TRUE);
m_RegValue = _T("");

ULONG Addr, Value; HRESULT hr; char *stop_at;
Addr = strtoul(m_RegAddr,&stop_at,16);

hr = etLib2_RegRead(Addr, 1, &Value);

if ( FAILED(hr) )
{
m_StatusMsg = _T("Backend Register Read Failure!");
keybd_event(0x21, 0, 0, 0);
}
else
{
m_RegValue.Format(_T("%02X"),Value);
m_StatusMsg = _T("Backend Register Read Success!");
if (m_RegValue == _T("07"))
{
//keybd_event(0x21, 0, 0, 0);
}
else;

}

UpdateData(FALSE);
}

adrenalinedoc

Post by adrenalinedoc » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 am

I'm interested in paying for your services to have the capture button installed on 3 computers. I have two MD-960U cameras. I can send you payment via Paypal before you install the programs. If you are no longer doing this, even as a paid service, just let me know so I know to not post about this again on the forums.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Installed one for a guy today! 8) 8178342481 or 8179094222

Hopefully it was you!

OUTDATED THREAD GO HERE.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5225