Clinic column in 'Send Claims' & Med/Premed Flag

For users or potential users.
zt22

Clinic column in 'Send Claims' & Med/Premed Flag

Post by zt22 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 am

Hi,

I am using the latest version of Open Dental (not Beta) and I have noticed some possible issues:

In the 'Send Claim' window, nothing shows up under 'Clinic' column ever even though I have claims in there with 2 different clinics. This has been happening for as long as I remember with previous versions. Am I missing something?

On the appointment view, there is the red + sign which is the Med or Premed flag. We are using EHR so we are started to set "No problems" "No allergies" and "No medications" for patients who have none of these. Now, under the setup modules there is a place to assign which Problem, Allergy, and Rx setting refers to the "No problems" "No allergies" and "No medications" situations, and we have done this. However, that does not seem to affect the med/premed flag on the appointment views. Meaning that the red + flag shows up on the appointment regardless if the Patient has an actual Problem or Allergy or if only "No problems" "No allergies" and "No medications" are selected. It continues to show even if all three of the settings: ("No problems" "No allergies" and "No medications" ) are set to inactive. Can this be fixed?

Thanks.
Camelia

Dwayne

Re: Clinic column in 'Send Claims' & Med/Premed Flag

Post by Dwayne » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 pm

1. I am also not seeing the clinic listed in "Send Claims". I will report this to our programmers.

2. It sounds as though your "Premedicate" flag is turned on. Select a patient that has an appointment. Go to the chart module. Scroll down to the pink 'medical" area. Double click anywhere in the pink, and make sure that your "Premedicate" check box is unchecked. It is about 2/3 down on the left.

Dwayne
Open Dental
Dwayne
Open Dental Software
503 363 5432
service@opendental.com

zt22

Post by zt22 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

I looked and the Premed flag is unchecked.

TanT

Post by TanT » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 am

Clinic not showing was a bug and is fixed in v12.2.31 & 12.3.3. Neither have been released yet. We do not have a time frame for the release date, keep an eye out for the update.
Tanya Support Tech #16
Open Dental Software

zt22

Post by zt22 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Ok, what about the second issue with the Med/Premed flag? Premed is not checked and only the designated No problem/no allergy/no RX settings are used AND they are set to inactive, but the patient appointment still shows a red + sign on it.

Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 pm

It's been fixed and should be released soon.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

zt22

Post by zt22 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for the fix, I updated to 12.2.32 and Clinic now shows in the 'Send Claims' window; however I noticed another problem in that same window which I think was fine before the update. On the bottom part that shows the sent claims, the carrier does not show in the Carrier column for most of the claims. It does not appear to happen with newly sent claims which were sent using the current version of Open Dental, I tried to send a few claims with the same carriers as the ones not showing and the carriers appear just fine for the new claims. So it might just be an issue with claims sent with previous versions?

TanT

Post by TanT » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:21 pm

I am able to see all of the carrier names previous and new, in the claim history section. It might help if you called us and we could connect to the computer to take a look.
Tanya Support Tech #16
Open Dental Software