Make/Find Appt Window

For users or potential users.
drtech

Make/Find Appt Window

Post by drtech » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:04 am

I think we lost a feature somewhere along the line...when you open the Make/Find appt window list for a pt it no longer scrolls to the bottom so you can see the current appts. This is very annoying as you have to scroll to the bottom every time to make it useful after the pt is with you for more than a year or two and you have a history of appts. Can this be fixed? Thanks.

Currently using 12.2.10
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

Pruce Dental

Re: Make/Find Appt Window

Post by Pruce Dental » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:40 am

I agree too.

I also was thinking another point. You added the buttons to jump a week or month at the bottom of the calendar but there is alread a button on top for advancing a month. Can one of those button be changed into a button that jumps 6 months into the future for scheduling recall appointments? I would probably be pushing my luck to ask for a 3 month recall button too...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:05 pm

What I noticed is that all the appointment notes have been expanded so they no longer are squeezed into one line in the make/find appt. This also made it so that the window no longer scrolls down to the most recent/upcoming appointments. I'm guessing this will be fixed soon.

For recall I highly recommend setting recall to default to 6 month and to override per patient for 3-4 months as needed. When scheduling just hit the schedule recall button (from make/find appt window) and when properly setup it will take you out as many months as needed for that patient. It will also automatically add any xrays.

To modify recall defaults open "Setup/Recall Types". To change recall frequency per patient open the family module, select the patient and double click in the upper right where it says "recall".

spsheffield

Post by spsheffield » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:00 am

When scheduling just hit the schedule recall button (from make/find appt window) and when properly setup it will take you out as many months as needed for that patient. It will also automatically add any xrays.
I know this is a little off the topic, but since it was mentioned...If you have a patient with an FMX recall (say, every five years) and a BW recall (say every one year), then when they are due for an FMX and you hit the schedule recall button, it will automatically schedule them for both the FMX and the BW's even though bitewings are included in the FMX. The only way around it at this point is to manually remove the bitewings from the appointment every time. Feature request #2336 would automate this so that if they are due for both FMX and BW's then it would only schedule the FMX.

Dwayne

Post by Dwayne » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:45 pm

There are some additional changes coming to the Make/Find Appointment button(s) in the near future. As I tested the beta, it did appear to be selecting the appointment at the bottom of the list.

Dwayne
Open Dental
Dwayne
Open Dental Software
503 363 5432
service@opendental.com