creating a chronological chart

For users or potential users.
dkennel

creating a chronological chart

Post by dkennel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:13 am

I am playing with the trial version, trying to figure out features of the clinical charting. It appears to me that the first screen of the "chart" is mostly used to chart the proposed treatment and to enter completed treatment. How do you retain a record of your chronological progress? I assume it is by saving records in the "images" section? Is this the place where I would save my consent forms, sedation records, etc...? The graphical tooth chart does not have a time slider, the key seems to be to remember to save a copy in images... This may seem obvious and simplistic, but I just have a real hard time converting from paper to the electronic process, how do you save your treatment plan? Where do you find the old treatment plan? Is it all in the images section?

Jorgebon

Re: creating a chronological chart

Post by Jorgebon » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:36 pm

You can save an image of the chart after your initial exam, and then whenever you think you may need a new chart saved. In actual practice, we use the progress notes to have a chronological sequence of changes in a patient's oral condition. The chart is used more as an indicator of the patient's present condition. Treatment plans are saved in the Tx plan module. You can save more than one tx plan and give different names to each one.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: creating a chronological chart

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:22 pm

When you are looking at a TP in our software, you won't see a graphical representation. You would need to flip over to the chart to see that. When you print a TP for the patient, you do get graphics. Yes, you would save any scanned paper such as consent forms in the images module. Almost nobody takes snapshots of the graphical tooth chart for timeline archival. But you can view a date range in the Chart, and thereby filter out certain treatment. You can also filter out certain kinds of procedures so that you are only looking at completed procedures or TP procedures, for example.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com