PC Tablet setup and e-forms

For users or potential users.
drpham

PC Tablet setup and e-forms

Post by drpham » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I will be a new OD user soon and would like to know more about tablet PC and e-forms. I have a HP table PC and want to integrate it with OD. Can someone direct me to resources or information about setting up my tablet PC to work with OD for med hx and consent forms? Are there standard forms on OD that I can modify?

Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: PC Tablet setup and e-forms

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Screen resolution needs to be 1024x768 and it needs to be running Windows. For forms, you just bring up the form that you want, for example from this window:
http://www.opendental.com/manual/patientform.html
and then hand it to the patient. If you have a tablet, you won't need to worry about kiosk or web forms.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:13 pm

I just purchased a Fujitsu Q550 tablet ... How can I set it up to have the forms show up for the patients? Do I have to have tech support do it? I'm trying to find out if it works well enough to keep. Thanks in advance

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:47 pm

There are 3 ways to use forms:
1. Open and edit from Chart module.
2. Online web forms.
3. Kiosk
I would suggest using #1. That means you will install the full version of OD, connect it to your db, etc. Then, on the tablet, browse to the patient, and open up the form.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Xstew

Post by Xstew » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Which tablets work well with OD when using windows 7 pro? Will a windows 7 home tablet work? Do the new windows 8 work?

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Jordan,
With Kiosk I can have the data imported into the chart on the main computer (tried it and it works). Using the tablet as a station and inputting the info in chart mod. how does the server update the info? I tried it this way and the main computer does not show the forms info ....

Dwayne

Post by Dwayne » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Xstew: All Windows 7 tablets will work, as will Windows 8 as long as it isn't the Windows 8 RT version. This version requires you to download it's apps from the app store.
Brandon: The tablet should work the same as any other workstation. Put it into kiosk mode, complete the forms, then from the workstation that is the kiosk manager just import the forms. If you're having difficulty with this, any of our support staff can assist you. Just give us a call.
Dwayne
Open Dental Software
503 363 5432
service@opendental.com