Topaz Pads Model T-L460-HSB Not Working - Duh!

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Topaz Pads Model T-L460-HSB Not Working - Duh!

Post by jclaydds » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:47 pm

I found some used Topaz T-L460-HSB Signature Pads on Ebay a couple of years back and now keep them in each operatory. I got a good deal on them but now I have had three of them stop working. I chalked it up to buying used stuff off ebay and getting what you pay for. After the third one stopped working, I did a google search. Well Duh, the signature pens have batteries in them. I am feeling dumb but happy. Each one takes 2 small 393 "watch" type batteries. Found them on Amazon for about a $1.50 each. Each Topaz pad cost $3 to fix. I am counting on most of the readers of this forum being a lot smarter than me but just in case your Topaz Signature Pad stops working -- check the batteries in the Pen. :oops:

Jeff

bpcomp

Re: Topaz Pads Model T-L460-HSB Not Working - Duh!

Post by bpcomp » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:40 pm

That is good to know, we are thinking about getting some Topaz pads soon and I'm sure after reading your post that I'll remember to check the battery if they ever stop working. Thanks jclaydds.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 pm

I didn't know that.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

bcpayne

Post by bcpayne » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:22 am

I looked this up on the topaz website and they said the battery issue doesn't apply to the TS460 or the TL460. The "active" pen concept doesn't make sense since I usually sign on the pad with any piece of plastic in my hand, usually the back of a ballpoint pen.
I hope it fixes it for you, but did you find the batteries in your pens?

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes, there are two batteries in the pen of the Model T-L460-HSB. I had a 4th Topaz pad stop working today. In my original post, I had noted I had bought the Topaz pads used off Ebay so I had no way of knowing how old they are. Their age could explain why I have now had 4 pads that the batteries were bad in the pens. In any event, the new batteries arrived today from Amazon. 5 minutes to replace the batteries in all 4 signature pads and to verify that all 4 work perfectly now. :D