Ortho treatment payment

For users or potential users.
Manny Ramirez

Ortho treatment payment

Post by Manny Ramirez » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Discritption: Insurance plan covers half of ortho treatment. Insurance send partial payments every months.
Question: How to enter monthly payments so it discounts it of the principal owed by the insurance coverage and show remaining balance ?

Sharing is caring !
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Ortho treatment payment

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 pm

If you want to get that amount off of the patient's account, you can use a special type of payment plan that we call an "insurance payment plan". Regardless of whether you do that, the additional payments would go into the original claim as supplemental payments on the original billed procedure.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

atd

Post by atd » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Insurance payment plans are difficult to manage though. Since the supplemental payments get posted on the insurance claim, you have to manually modify the payment plan totals each time you post a payment. Wish there was an easier way to do this, thankfully it doesn't come up very often for us.

bsokubo

Post by bsokubo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:21 pm

I agree.. This should be set up differently.

I would love to have a developer remote into my current system and take some SS's of the way Ortho 2 does their contracts and insurance portion of contracts.

We really dislike a lot of things about Ortho 2 but they nailed it when it comes to Payment, contracts, Insurance and multiple responsible parties.

So, If there are any other Orthodontists out there that would like to see more ortho options in OD please post.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:48 pm

We may take you up on that some day. Could you please email me your name and number?
Jordan@opendental.com
That way, the next time we are working on the ortho features, I will be able to quickly contact you and incorporate that information into our decisions. I fully realize that we did not "nail it" on that feature, which means we will definitely overhaul it at some point.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com