trial version download issues

For users or potential users.
dand

trial version download issues

Post by dand » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:16 pm

I have been an opendental user for a number of years. The software is excellent, and I have no issues with it. I did just recently get a new laptop, and decided to install the trial version from the website. I have done this before, but always run into a problem with your instructions....."save to file, then open as administrator.." when I "save" the file, it saves it to my download list, then I Right click and it does NOT give me the option to open as administator. I then have issues trying to download the program successfully

jsalmon

Re: trial version download issues

Post by jsalmon » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:46 pm

It sounds like you are looking at the download list in your browser and not the physical folder location where you told it to save the program to.
Windows vista and 7 are the operating systems that will give the option to run as an administrator. You might be using windows XP which will not have the feature worded this way, you can simply run the TrialDownload-11-0-41.exe with XP.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

dand

Re: trial version download issues

Post by dand » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Jason,

Thanks. That is correct. When I went to the file containing the download, I was able to open as administrator. It might help to add that bit of information to your instructions on your download page.

Thanks,

DanD