New User Question

For users or potential users.
wisnerjb

New User Question

Post by wisnerjb » Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just made the conversion to OpenDental from Eaglesoft today!! We are very excited!
Our one-hour training is set up for Monday.

Big question is:
How is the learning curve for my staff? Is the one-hour training enough to get us running smoothly?
Any pointers on what works best for getting my staff up to speed would be much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Jay Wisner, D.M.D.

bcpayne

Re: New User Question

Post by bcpayne » Fri May 11, 2012 7:39 pm

My best advice: Set up some dummy patients, mine are Lname, Fname: test001, sample; test002, sample, etc. I told the employees to think about their most common tasks and to just open one of those charts and just go to town, reassuring them, that they won't screw anything up if they are in one of those patients. They learned from eachother as they figured it out and we haven't used any of the training. The benefit we had is I had them using OD as well as easydental for a couple of weeks before final conversion. They could play around while using a database we planned on disposing. We have the test patients in our current database so they can try new features out without worrying. The whole transition was easy for all but my receptionist, she is coming around, but being that she has the responsibility of scanning all the paper, her job is a little harder.

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sat May 12, 2012 6:01 am

Herman Test has had more dental treatment than any of my patients, ever... he never shows up and yet I still bill him for thousands of dollars! :D
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Sat May 12, 2012 7:05 am

My office never even felt the need to use our one hour of free training...we just played around for a little with our trial conversion database prior and figured out mostly everything on our own....
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

murmsk

Post by murmsk » Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Herman must have moved from Il to Ct . It is amazing how many you can put a crown on tooth #14
steve

Jay

Post by Jay » Sat May 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Rickliftig wrote:Herman Test has had more dental treatment than any of my patients, ever... he never shows up and yet I still bill him for thousands of dollars! :D
Rick, surely you mean Ms. Kay Nine.

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Sun May 13, 2012 3:28 am

We use a member of the same clan..... Mr. Thisis A. Test
To get the most benefit from these fictitious people be sure to fill in all their fields with office information or fake data.

drtmz

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Sun May 13, 2012 5:25 am

And let's not forget the patient that we all first met on this site: Jason Spander!

And I apologize for hijacking the thread, but heck, ya gotta have a little fun after a day's worth of DB's on #15 and oversized tongues drafting into the path of your 557 bur!
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net