Messaging Error - PC getting stuck

For users or potential users.
glamorgan

Messaging Error - PC getting stuck

Post by glamorgan » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:40 am

Dear All

I am having an awkward situation in the clinic! one of the machines gets stuck and ONLY one of them! As soon as i login, i keep getting the "Patient Ready", "Phone Assistance Please", and "Op1" voice messages!

I don't know what happened, i don't actually use the messaging feature anyway but the machine with the issue gets stuck, i can't do anything, windows throws the "Not responding" error!

I tried to clear the messaging by clicking on the audio buttons (left bottom corner on the main App screen) but use!, i also tried to acknowledge the messages in the "manage" section, i see a lot of messages there, not sure if they are acknowledged or not but i can't do anything anyway as the system is stuck!

I tried to change the name of the machine, it's IP but no luck again! I checked all other machines, nothing wrong with them! the system works perfectly in all of the rooms!

Any ideas!!!

wjstarck

Re: Messaging Error - PC getting stuck

Post by wjstarck » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:32 am

What version of Open Dental? What version of Windows?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:13 am

This is solved; as we checked the computer table in mySql, we noticed that te date was logged in a wrong format only for that PC (under "lastHeartBeat" date filed); someone change the date format to MM/DD/yyyy or yyyy/mm/dd.
As soon as we rectified the date format; things went back to normal; not yet sure what happened.

Thanks

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:50 am

Well good. Easy fixes are the best kind :D
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA