Who likes what and why regarding credit card processing?

For users or potential users.
savvy

Who likes what and why regarding credit card processing?

Post by savvy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:04 pm

X-Charge?
payconnect?
Intuit?
Costco?
Other?

WHY?

Currently using a company called First Data...they take a boat load of my hard earned $$.

Thanks
Cheers!!
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

teethdood

Re: Who likes what and why regarding credit card processing?

Post by teethdood » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Costco, 1.48% standard non-rewards cards
I think around 2.5% for rewards cards.
A Chase bank guy came over to my office to pitch their merchant service. I gave my Elavon (through Costco) statement to him. We did some math and my overall rate is 1.67%. The guy freaked out. He said to stick with it and never leave.
You do have to get a terminal which runs around $500 or so. Of course X-charge is nicer because of the OD integration. I will switch in a heart beat if someone tells me that X-charge can beat that rate.
Philip H. Doan, DDS
http://www.kaweahdental.com/

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:22 am

Call them? Pay connect also will match?

Jay

Post by Jay » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:50 am

1. I can only give you one piece of advice. Demand and read the fine print before you sign anything. The document you sign might have a line saying you are bound by the terms and conditions that will be mailed to you separately. Using this method some companies have three year auto-renewing service contracts with a one month window of opportunity to withdraw (basically before your 36th month starts) without early termination fees. But they also have separate four year equipment contracts which you are bound by even if you manage to get out of the service contract. So no matter what, you pay early termination fees on either service or equipment or both.

2. Can someone who is familiar with both Xcharge and Payconnect do a PROS and CONS for each of them from the point of view of an OD user? That'll really help.

drmaximus

Post by drmaximus » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 am

I use Dentalxchange payconnect. I used to use Chase Paymentech. The main reason was the integration with Open Dental.

Pros:

1. Matched my 1.58% ADA fee rate from paymentech
2. Works within opendental - added a USB card swiper from ebay for $45 and now the front desk can swipe cards
3. Batches are processed every day and get a confirmation email showing a breakdown
4. Deposits usually show up in my account in 2 days max
5. Integrated solution, taking a payment automatically enters it into opendental
6. No long-term contract
7. No terminal to purchase

Cons:

1. $10 per month statement charge
2. Internet goes down, can't take credit cards

Hope this helps.