Infra Red Beam of appointment

For users or potential users.
DavidWolf

Infra Red Beam of appointment

Post by DavidWolf » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:14 am

One of my patients mentioned today that it would be cool if we could beam his appointment to his palm phone. I agreed that would be a cool idea. Not sure if that is possible or if they even make a USB infra red unit to plug into a PC. Just a thought.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Cheers.

Anthony J Turner

Post by Anthony J Turner » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:37 pm

Bluetooth would be more universal. You have to put appointments in a format of Outlook so they would transfer across various calender systems. Just my 2 cents

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:24 pm

How about the ability to automatically send a text message or email message from the appointment module?

Maybe incoporporate it as a feature along with the confirmation section?

tdong

Post by tdong » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:10 am

that would take too much work on the programming side and not do able since there are many different devices.

An easier solution and can be done quick is to send the clients an ical (icalendar) format and let the user import it themselves

opensource

Post by opensource » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:54 am

On a kind-of a related Topic, Quite a few of my customers were wondering if we could send the appointment in outlook format by email, so that it can be added by them on your outlook (whether I like it or not most of them use outlook :-().

I would hate to duplicate the appointment in my outlook and then send it to them. this would be a duplication of effort and error prone. If we can just have a feature to send the appointment information (in outlook format and have an option to maybe send it in a couple of other generic format), This would be great.

The above could then be used to beam across too. I could go still wild with this idea by using this feature to send SMS or email reminders (just plain vanilla email reminders).

Just my .02 cents

Cheers,

OpenSource

grevs

Post by grevs » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:49 am

Hi,

Patient Prompt ( http://www.patientprompt.com ) supports sending both SMS and E-mail messages from OD along with Voice. You can use any combination of messages (i.e. Email & SMS but no voice etc).

E-mail messages have an 'Add to calendar' feature which generates a VCAL link so that the appointment can be added to Outlook, Lotus Notes etc.. It's so integrated with OD that the length of the appointment you add to your calendar is the combined length of the procedures for the appointment. Pretty cool.

You can try a demo here (including add to calendar etc...) http://www.patientprompt.com/demo.aspx

Sample E-mail:

alexei

Post by alexei » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:35 pm

I would love to see some basic email reminder functionality. Patient Prompt sounds like a good service, but $75/month is a bit steep, when the cost of email is essentially nil. OD has email already-- it seems like it would be a small step to generating daily reminders, dropping the info into a template, and sending it to the email address on record.

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:10 pm

I agree. Email is the least costly route and many cell phones receive email as well.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:42 pm

another vote for email. the killer in our office is the recall list: you can print a postcard but can't send an email. looking forward to more robust functionality of email in OD.

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:43 pm

another vote for email. the killer in our office is the recall list: you can print a postcard but can't send an email. looking forward to more robust functionality of email in OD.

tdong

Post by tdong » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:59 am

Many people need this feature ? email upcoming appointment to patients ?

I could do this as an extension to OD since I am not fully understand OD as of yet. The program can be stand alone or from a button on OD

Layout user can choose
-Date range Start and End
-Popup list of all patients who have appointment within that range
-Default would be send email to all patients. Check box for send later
-iCalendar format so that client can add to their outlook or portable device.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:16 am

As I replied on the other thread, an extension would make it too clumsy. It's more of a core issue, so it's something that we should add.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

DonDDS

Post by DonDDS » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:48 am

one more vote for email.
What happen when pt reply back thru cell, or email.... how does it get back to OD. Sound complicated on programing end
LumaDent, Inc | CEO & Founder
OD since 2006, ex-Mogo, ex-Dentrix

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:12 am

Yes, of course it's complicated, but that's ok. What we will do, of course, is create an Inbox. We'll also make it so that incoming email will automatically attach itself to the correct patient.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com