How to scan EOB and attach it to insurance payment?

For users or potential users.
KBDent

How to scan EOB and attach it to insurance payment?

Post by KBDent » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:38 pm

I can not find in the manual how to scan EOB and attach it to insurance payment in version 12?
Please advise.
Thank you.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: How to scan EOB and attach it to insurance payment?

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:01 am

If you are running OD previous to version 12.1.14 there is a bug with scanning. There is a workaround where you scan something into a patient image module first and then delete if you don't need it, then scanning EOB's works fine. I'd recommend upgrading to avoid this issue though.

KBDent

Post by KBDent » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:23 pm

This instruction for how to view scanned EOB, but how to scan it? Same as any scanned document in the Image module?
Then what category to use in order to view it from the Payment window? Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 pm

No. "...Click the View button directly below that to view or scan..." The key phrase that you're not noticing in the instructions is "or scan". You need to click that View button to get to the interface where you will then scan. It doesn't go into any category in the Images module.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Janet Century

Post by Janet Century » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 am

I'm on v.12.1.15.

When I click View > Scan >, it scans through, but then I get an error message: "Unable to scan. Please make sure you can scan using other software. Error code: 73 EZTEC_PDF_COMPRESSION".

My other scanning programs are working fine- is there a setting I need to change somewhere?

-Lucy, front desk

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:38 am

That's why we added 6 more scanning options in 12.2. We also upgraded the twain version. 12.1 works fine for lots of people. But if it doesn't work, the next step is to upgrade to 12.2 and start changing your scanning settings.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:42 am

suggestions to make this feature actually useful...

1. you need the ability to crop...many companys send eobs with multiple patients on the same eob,
this also brings up do you multiple scan the same doc for all of the patients listed, cut and paste it(doesnt work for pdfs) jpegs are very small to view...
2. the ability to crop pdfs same reason
3. jpeg scan is tiny you have to magnify it in order to see it not an option in this module
4. a section for eob explanations would be nice. a spot for the insurance code and a spot for the explanation for denial. this function should tied to each insurance company so you dont have to re enter them every time you get back an eob. you could just reenter the code(ie delta dental J108 procedure downgrade for composite to amalgam
5. a folder for the EOBS so you can actually see all of the eobs .... maybe a color change in the eob name to inform you that it is attached to a claim. the folder is needed to help organize the piles of eobs. I had a patient who wanted me to print out all of their eobs for the year. Thank God it was only 3. I couldn't imagine having to go look for each eob document one by one. scroll to find the claim, then selecting the check, then select the correct eob, then print, then black out any information not needed on the eob.

I like this feature it just seems to be buried, and only partially functional.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:42 pm

1. The way we designed it already works for multiple patients. The scan is not attached to any single patient, but to the insurance payment itself.
4. There is a section in the claim edit window for eob explanations.
I know the feature is buried too many layers down right now. We couldn't quite figure out how to make it easier to get to the eob's so we decided to work on that part later.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:20 pm

One thing I noticed about the location of the scanned EOB's...I had the edit claim feature locked down in the security section and my front desk person could not click on the checks to open and view the scanned images...I had to increase the days they could edit claims to allow them to view old scanned claims.
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com