Treatment area when setting up tx codes

For users or potential users.
thinkortho

Treatment area when setting up tx codes

Post by thinkortho » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 am

Is there any way that when "range of teeth" is selected in the tx area that multiple teeth in both the upper and lower arch can be highlighted. This is good for Ortho when several brackets are off to keep track of which teeth. Thanks. Also any word on the patient exam that will automatically place findings in a Dr. Letter and Patient Letter?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Treatment area when setting up tx codes

Post by jordansparks » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:51 am

The first one is a feature request. I don't see that anyone has submitted it yet.

The second one is request #2047. I just added a little more detail to it. The way I envision it, the findings would be a chunk of free-form text, like a paragraph or two. Right?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

thinkortho

Post by thinkortho » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 am

Jordan sorry for delay but it took me awhile to find the letter I am about to post. This may be the wrong area to post this but here goes. As for an exam form, I invision it having several drop down menus to either select certain criteria or type specific numbers or details. This exam form would/could then automatically generate a pt letter and referring Dr. letter with the addition of any photos or xrays depending how they customize it. The following is a sample that is used in orthotrac. The responses would be things that could be customized such as "3mm of crowding on the bottom teeth" CL II molar relationship on right side". Obviously these are more ortho related but I'm sure Dentist would love to be able to customize it for specific exam types such as OH, PERIO, Restorative etc. If I can at all help please just let me know.

April 18, 2012

«InsideName»
«InsideAddress»

Dear «AutoSalutation»:

Our mutual patient «PatientFirstName» «PatientLastName» was here today for a preliminary orthodontic evaluation. A summary of the more pertinent findings from the clinical examination are included for your review:

Diagnosis:

• «responsetoquest1»
• «responsetoquest2» <<IMAGECEPH:102,1,94,7,100,0,>>
• «responsetoquest3» <<IMAGECEPH:102,1,94,6,100,0,>>
• «responsetoquest4»
• «responsetoquest5»
• «responsetoquest6»
• «responsetoquest7»
• «responsetoquest8» <<IMAGECEPH:102,1,94,13,100,0,>>
• «responsetoquest9»
• «responsetoquest10»
• «responsetoquest11»
• «responsetoquest12»
• «responsetoquest13»
• «responsetoquest14»
• «responsetoquest15»
• «responsetoquest16»
• «ResponseToQuest17»
<<IMAGECEPH:102,1,94,10,100,0,>>
Treatment Recommendations:

• «ResponseToQuest18»
• «ResponseToQuest19»
• «ResponseToQuest20»
• «ResponseToQuest21»
• «ResponseToQuest22»
• «ResponseToQuest23»
<<IMAGECEPH:102,1,94,11,100,0,>>
• «ResponseToQuest24»

Your continued trust and confidence are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions regarding «PatientNamePossessive» treatment please do not hesitate to call me.

Sincerely,
<<IMAGECEPH:102,1,94,23,100,0,>>

Drs. OpenDental

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 pm

There are a number of requests involved in this:
#573: Images on sheets
#24: Custom mounts for digital radiography and photos. Arranging photos in one template or collage.
#1528: Embed a Word document as an object on a Sheet. (this would be an alternate way of allowing images)
#2050: Sheet combobox dropdown selections (instead of radio buttons)
But more important than any of the above might be a new request for autonotes on an exam sheet. Combining that with #2047 would mostly solve the problem. If you're not sure what I mean by autonotes, it's in our manual at http://www.opendental.com/manual/autonotes.html
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com