Appt confirmed suggestion

For users or potential users.
wjstarck

Appt confirmed suggestion

Post by wjstarck » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:52 pm

First of all, let me acknowledge Jordan et al. for a great job on 5.4. It's really nice 8)

The staff suggested to me today that it would be nice if the color boxes that are assigned in Setup > Definitions > Appt Confirmed would show up next to the abbreviations in the chart module. This would serve as a quick reference for when we're glancing at the schedule.

I know the bubble shows what the appointment status is, but this requires interacting with the mouse.

We have ours set up like so

Patient here
Needs pano
In followup room
Needs consent
Ready for surgery
In Surgery
Patient discharged
Appointment confirmed
Apppointment unconfirmed

So anyone can quickly glance at the schedule and immediately know what the status of any patient is. Helps with the multitasking, and cuts down on back and forth communication between front and back.

I realize that we could use the manage module in some fashion, but it's more efficient to be able to glance at the schedule and immediately know the status of everyone on the schedule.

I know we could go low tech and just print a list and color 'em and stick it on the wall, but still.... :idea:

Thanks
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:01 pm

Are you talking about until you memorize your status colors. We look at them all day long, so it doesn't take long to memorize the colors that are used. Unless I misunderstood.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:33 am

i think that is what he means...have the colors show in the list box. A agree...we memorize them after a day or two, but If you change things or hire new employees, it would make it more self explanatory.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:10 am

I agree that it doesn't take much time to memorize them. But rather than adding a new box in the window, you could just have the text be the same color of the the status.