Expanding schedule with 15-minute blocks?

For users or potential users.
Smilesbypayet

Expanding schedule with 15-minute blocks?

Post by Smilesbypayet » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Is there any way to make each 15-minute block on the schedule bigger vertically on the schedule? We'd like to change from 10-minute segments to 15-minute ones, but when we try it, the appointments get so condensed (especially on 22" widescreen monitors), it's hard to read any information there at all. We end up seeing more blank schedule time, i.e. before we open and after we close, than we do of the hours we're open.

sprange

Re: Expanding schedule with 15-minute blocks?

Post by sprange » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Adjust the 'rows per time increment' setting. I can't remember which direction...but I have mine set at two and it works for our 23" monitor. (setup--appointment views--double click on your appointment profile).

JimZ

Post by JimZ » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:06 am

It would seem that with all the customization we can do, one of the features would be to set the appointment view to show days and hours of operation for the individual office. I would like the ability to show for example 8am to 8pm Mon to Fri and eliminate most of the grey that shows when the appointment module is up.
I tried the adjustment and it does help

Jim

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:42 am

If we set it to show only the hours the office is open (request 109), it fixes the blank area at the top nicely, but it doesn't solve the blank area at the bottom. For that, you adjust the rows per increment. Also, request #2236 would help a lot because changing the font size would stretch each row to a different height. Right now, all rows are at a set height. So it wouldn't fit more information on the screen, but it would make it easier to see from a distance.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Smilesbypayet

Post by Smilesbypayet » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:44 pm

sprange wrote:Adjust the 'rows per time increment' setting. I can't remember which direction...but I have mine set at two and it works for our 23" monitor. (setup--appointment views--double click on your appointment profile).
Awesome - that was exactly what we wanted, thank you!

Jordan, I'll definitely take a look at that Request #.