Print only patients note

For users or potential users.
drpeteryee

Print only patients note

Post by drpeteryee » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Insurance would like a copy of chart- I would like to print only the patients notes- no fees or comlog as it appears on the chart tab- how do I do this? I have version
11.036- Thanks

jclaydds

Re: Print only patients note

Post by jclaydds » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Go to Chart Module. On right side of screen above your treatement notes, you have several menu choices. The next to the last one is "Show". The last one is "Draw". Select "Show". There are many boxes checked, usually by default, that determines what you want to show in the chart. You can uncheck Comm Log to make Comm Log notes not show.

Hiding fees can be done. It just takes an extra step. What I have done in my office is to make a special Chart View for Printing of Dental Records. Typically, I also prefer to not show Comm Log Notes, Task List Notes, Fees, etc. when I send out a copy of the tx record. Just below the "Show" Menu Choice, It shows "Chart Views". Hit Add to Make A New Chart View and Assign it a Function Key (F2, F3, etc) and then name it. My Chart View Name is "Printing Chart - Request For Dental Records". You then define what you want to show. You define that by the check boxes and you can also move fields from left to right column or right to left column to make something either show or not show. The fees are the "Amount" Field. You want to move the Amount field over to right column so it doesn't show. Once you define what you want to show, You simply right click on treatment note area and select Print Progress Notes. Don't forget to change the View back after you print the record to your default view so your Comm Log Notes, Fees, will show again.

Jeff

jsalmon

Re: Print only patients note

Post by jsalmon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Jeff is right. To visually see what he's talking about, have a look at this page in the online manual.
http://opendental.com/manual/showtabchart.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com